Is it just me...

Itzquahpilli

First Post
Is it just me (which is quite possible), or does it seem like this site has lost its... excitement? Have we run out of ideas for storylines? Have all the good ideas for characters been used? Have we just fallen into unbreakable ruts? Have I just become disillusioned? I don't know what it is, but the only time I'm really happy here now is when I'm making a new char... which I end up throwing away after three days. Does anyone else feel like this?
I'm certainly not saying I'm leaving. Itz should actually be on much more again fairly soon. But in any case... meh. Am I the only one?

Hell no dude. I completely and totally agree with you on that. This site used to be -amazing- and now its all been reduced to a bunch of squabble. We need excitement, tavern parties, the older characters were actually fun to RP with and it was almost impossible to drag me off. Now, however...this is absurd, what happened to everyone? I can't for the life of me get involved in-depthly with more than one character for each of my characters. Providing the fact that means that my actual RPing time is limited to how much that single other player is on, I always seem to pick the ones who are never on or are very busy when they are on. Anyhow, lets see if we can fix this?

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Well, you might have more fun if you didn't just pick one person to play with. ;p Just a thought.
I know, sometimes only one person will play, 'cause everyone gets involved in their own conversations, or whatever.
If you want an exciting plotline, start one?
Myself, I just go with whatever flow, because, with times I'm on, plotlines tend to fizzle due to catching people on. So, I just roll with it.
Also. . you guys may not have read it, but, to get around the timing issue of plotlines, you can post a story, like the Mitrovich story. That was fun. We were able to play, even when we weren't on together. Of course, it also meant that the characters invovled in it were on hold for the real time playing, because they were involved in that story. . .

Kallikrates

First Post
I agree, it has become stagnant. I've hit a wall with five of my six due to the fact that those I did RP with disappeared. The sixth one is new and I've been far too distracted and busy to get...that one online. Hah...must remain secretive! Maybe I can somehow breath life back into my tired old characters.

Zackori Kaji

First Post
No iv been saying the same thing since the move from Wizards...this place dose not offer anything at all, people just pick a specific group of people to role with and then ignore everyone ells, I am not sure if it is just a whole lot of newbies or what the deal is but it is truely a problem these days, for the love of god expand your minds!!

Drindin

First Post
Ummm... nope, sites perfectly exciting enough for me. I find the TMP catching my interest the bulk of the time, granted, because it's a smaller community and thus things tend to get noticed more... but that's me.

Rain Cloud

First Post
Personally I dont see the lack but I have noticed that a slew of newer charcters are failing to interact with others very well. I've personally watched new and old character blatenly ingore other people even when they approch them. Regaurdless of this; give it time and it will fade. It always has in the past and it always will in the future. As I have seen from the time I have played here, it goes in cycles. Just like the uprising of Drow, Vampires and Lycanthropes....To the surges of plain Human of noble or pesant ubringings. It happens and we still all stay on this site. Its not because there is a lack of players or characters. Its not that no one trys to interact with others or that they are purposly ignoring you. Its just how people are and in time it all passes with the winds and we forget it ever happend in the first place.

Give it a month and I can bet that things will be back in full swing. I can personally vouch that March has been a horrible month for everyone be it in real life or for some on-line. Be it what it may, just let it calm back down and this time go by, keep doing as you always have and let time find its way to all of us. Again, no one is to blame for anything and there, from what I have witnessed, is not any real reasons for the lack of interaction people are complaining about. It just is...plain and simple.

I'm not trying to contradict anyone or say anyone is wrong. I have just seen this happen quite alot around here and it always goes back to normal. Excpessially in the month's of Febuary and March, everyone's life, outlooks, preferences, relationships, family...ect...ect... seem to fall apart in one big folly. By mid April I can bet everything will be fine and people will start enjoying themselves again.

Saera Duraston

First Post
Oh for crying out loud... Yes, it's you. And you, too.

Here's a few ideas....

Try not to play characters whose only real purpose is to hook up with someone.

Try to make friends instead of lovers.

Try to take more than a few days or weeks or, gods help us, even months, to fall in deep and honest love.

Once you have a relationship, don't make it easy. Find the conflicts, the misunderstandings and RP them! Stormy tears and breaking hearts are good theatre!

If you have a character you really enjoy playing, for the love of all that's unholy, do NOT get them married off and/or involved in a pregnancy, or at least not either one with a successful outcome! It's very hard to get involved in adventures while realistically being concerned for loved ones and taking care of a family.

A bizarre exotic character concept is not a viable substitute for a personality.

Wearing an outfit off a fantasy art painting will probably get you hooked up, especially if your char is female. It will not necessarily get you quality RPing.

Don't just sit there. Look at other people and try to figure out their storylines too, instead of waiting for someone to hand you one on a silver platter.

Don't keep looking for the same players. Do you know how many times I've tried to start a conversation with someone who replied in monosyllables, if at all, until their REAL friend came into the room? And then dropped my char completely? Or how many time do you see X enter the room and then Y somehow comes in just a minute later, and never Y by themselves? And then Y claims the site is boring when they break up with X. *rolls eyes*

Give your char a life: a background, relatives, a profession, a purpose. Are they a high level mage? Maybe there's a spell they're trying to find or create. A fighter? Then try mastering a new weapons form. You don't have to resort to secret enemies. And whatever it is, RP it out in detail! Why bother? Because it gives you something to talk about other than ever-more-desperate flirting and it gives you something to care about instead of twiddling your thumbs and being bored.... and boring.

Am I grumping at you? Yes. But on the other hand, I've never had a problem at all in enjoying RPing in ISRP, not in the several years I've been here.

Ruthia

First Post
Saera Duraston said:
Oh for crying out loud... Yes, it's you. And you, too.

Here's a few ideas....

Try not to play characters whose only real purpose is to hook up with someone.

Try to make friends instead of lovers.

Try to take more than a few days or weeks or, gods help us, even months, to fall in deep and honest love.

Once you have a relationship, don't make it easy. Find the conflicts, the misunderstandings and RP them! Stormy tears and breaking hearts are good theatre!

If you have a character you really enjoy playing, for the love of all that's unholy, do NOT get them married off and/or involved in a pregnancy, or at least not either one with a successful outcome! It's very hard to get involved in adventures while realistically being concerned for loved ones and taking care of a family.

A bizarre exotic character concept is not a viable substitute for a personality.

Wearing an outfit off a fantasy art painting will probably get you hooked up, especially if your char is female. It will not necessarily get you quality RPing.

Don't just sit there. Look at other people and try to figure out their storylines too, instead of waiting for someone to hand you one on a silver platter.

Don't keep looking for the same players. Do you know how many times I've tried to start a conversation with someone who replied in monosyllables, if at all, until their REAL friend came into the room? And then dropped my char completely? Or how many time do you see X enter the room and then Y somehow comes in just a minute later, and never Y by themselves? And then Y claims the site is boring when they break up with X. *rolls eyes*

Give your char a life: a background, relatives, a profession, a purpose. Are they a high level mage? Maybe there's a spell they're trying to find or create. A fighter? Then try mastering a new weapons form. You don't have to resort to secret enemies. And whatever it is, RP it out in detail! Why bother? Because it gives you something to talk about other than ever-more-desperate flirting and it gives you something to care about instead of twiddling your thumbs and being bored.... and boring.

Am I grumping at you? Yes. But on the other hand, I've never had a problem at all in enjoying RPing in ISRP, not in the several years I've been here.

BRAVO About time SOMEONE saw the point around here! New players/New CHaracters Do NOT be afraid to come up to older characters and jump into a storyline head first without knowing the story. Heck I've had two people just recently join into my crazy 6 year Ruthia storyline without knowing on bit of the story themselve. And as their getting into it their really enjoying themselves, learning the old characters and meeting the new ones.

So come one people, take a chance. Talk to someone who think you hate. You might find yourself having a great time.

Also the "I'm in love then not the next week storylines" SO over done.....

Remove ads