Is it possible that 2nd edition could make a very popular come back?

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
I know people are still going strong with 2nd edition but from the people I've talked to, it seems to really be making a come back. I've had younger people tell me that the OSR and the re-prints have had them doing further research into this edition and they really really like it. I noticed over on the Wizards boards that someone asked the question of their favorite edition and a lot of the answers are 2nd edition. Could the old bird be making an outstanding come back?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Funny how D&D didn't even make that top 52 list of hot RPGs.

"Funny" in the sense it's deliberately not included in that list. The D&D editions are in the second list instead.

Not sure what the full formula for those results is and how accurate they are.

Basic statistical sampling. Pretty good.

But don't let actual data get in the way of personal anecdote! If you prefer to believe 2E is making a comeback, you go right ahead. :)

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
"Funny" in the sense it's deliberately not included in that list. The D&D editions are in the second list instead.

Basic statistical sampling. Pretty good.

But don't let actual data get in the way of personal anecdote! If you prefer to believe 2E is making a comeback, you go right ahead. :)

Just going by what I see in the gaming community that I associate with.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just going by what I see in the gaming community that I associate with.

Like I said - don't let data get in the way of an anecdote! You might be in danger of veering towards something resembling accuracy, and we wouldn't want that!

But based on anecdotes, 0% of me plays 2E. Proof!

Remove ads