Pathfinder 2E Is It Time for PF2 "Essentials"?

kenada

Legend
Supporter
The FAQ includes both the first and second rounds of errata. It’s broken into two sections because there was not enough room to include everything in one. Other than a handful of things in the errata that missed getting included in the second printing, almost everything should be there. Paizo never updates the PDF without also doing a new printing, so if you have the PDF, that’s what you should expect in the second printing.

"D&D and MtG combined make more money than Transformers, Power Rangers, My Little Pony, and Monopoly combined, as was revealed in recent shake-ups following WotC's last earnings call. That's ridiculous. That means that 5E isn't just a juggernaut in the market, it is now the engine that generates the market that every other game exists within. And that's not unusual, D&D has long been the centerpiece of the TTRPG world and is really the thing that opened the door for everything that's come since."

Not to rock the boat, but actually that doesn't tell us all that much about D&D, necessarily. In the past, it was always considered a trusim that MtG is where the money was for WotC and that D&D was a project of love, not profit. I'm sure that's not entirely true now (or if it ever truly was), but the degree to which it isn't is still unknown, unless there's a lot more detailed information in that earnings call than I'm aware of.

The FAQ includes both the first and second rounds of errata. It’s broken into two sections because there was not enough room to include everything in one. Other than a handful of things in the errata that missed getting included in the second printing, almost everything should be there. Paizo never updates the PDF without also doing a new printing, so if you have the PDF, that’s what you should expect in the second printing.
No I get that. I already have the second printing pdf of the crb. I’m on about a pdf of the errata itself. They did this for the first round and they’ve done it historically for 1e

Thomas Shey

Legend
D&D has long been the centerpiece of the TTRPG world and is really the thing that opened the door for everything that's come since.

This is one of those things I point out to people who start talking about how tiny Game X is compared to D&D. That's pretty much been true for almost any game in the entire history of RPGs. D&D has had a gravitational advantage in terms of networking and name recognition since at least the late 70's that its never, ever lost, and would have to be an immensely worse game (and I'm someone who's not been a real fan of most editions of D&D for many years) than it is to lose. Only a very limited number of games have ever come close or were perceived as coming close by the people owning the D&D brand at the time.

Remove ads