Is it time that the Warlord gets the "Damage on a Miss" treatment?

KingsRule77

First Post
Thank god. No one cares about your warlord people. Stop filling my feed with countless threads that all say the same thing!

Can we do this with 'teh railroadz!! No! Teh sandboxx!! ' threads?

Orlax

First Post
Would that mean threads that get jacked get tossed into that side forum or just ones created for the express reason of discussing the warlord and connected topics are placed there? It would likely make sense to cordon off the warlord threads. Makes it easier to track all the current conversations on the topic. Personally, I watch the activity stream and just see what's hot for the day, but I can see how the warlord chatter can get annoying if someone's trying to see new topics of conversation in the general forums. Only issue is that threads aren't ever going to stop getting created or jacked for the topic. The topics been a hot button for years now and people just keep thinking of ways to approach the subject so they can end in the same position they started in. Heck I'm even getting to the home brew some ideas point to try and tackle the challenge of creating a decent warlord style class or prestige class.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Would that mean threads that get jacked get tossed into that side forum or just ones created for the express reason of discussing the warlord and connected topics are placed there?

In the past, we enforced a no-hijacking policy. If you want to talk about warlords, we'd expect you to take that into the warlord forum. Turning a non-warlord thread into a warlord thread would get moderator attention - if you insisted or did so repeatedly, you'd probably get a tempban for your trouble. Also, bringing grievances from those limited discussions out into the main area was not much tolerated.

At this point, I'd support the measure. Babysitting all these threads and having it spread around is a pain in the neck.

Also, the measure had the effect of helping us differentiate between folks who just happen to be passionate about one topic, and those who are just generally disruptive. If folks continue the same ugly tactics outside of warlord threads, we know it isn't just the one topic, but the person who is the problem.

Last edited:

Remove ads