• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is Scott Rouse a REAL Person???

meleeguy

First Post
Conspiracy!

So far only we only have Gencon sightings...

Easily fabricated by WotC I say to take the heat and quietly vanish.

Yeah...that's the ticket.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
Scott Rouse is the Alan Smithee of the RPG world. Clearly, Monte Cook was originally one of the major designers of 4e, but he hated what Wizards was doing with it so much that he asked his name to be taken off it, and "Scott Rouse" was born.

;)

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
coyote6 said:
I've seen Scott Rouse, at the ENnies, accepting an award, and mentioning "crap bombs". QED, he must be real.

No. You saw a man called Scott for the duration of the event which is not the same things as proof positive Scott Rouse is real. Frankly, it could simply have been an actor playing a roll or cosplay that got out of hand.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Scott Rouse is seven feet tall! Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the EnWorld with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
It's a new feat in 4E

Khuxan

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
No. You saw a man called Scott for the duration of the event which is not the same things as proof positive Scott Rouse is real. Frankly, it could simply have been ... cosplay that got out of hand.

The idea of Scott Rouse cosplay made my day :D .

EDIT: But remember T. H. Lain, everyone...

Tharen the Damned

First Post
grimslade said:
Scott Rouse is seven feet tall! Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the EnWorld with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
It's a new feat in 4E

Citing Braveheart, are we?

Tharen the Damned

First Post
Henry said:
I have met Scott Rouse. I was at Gencon. He is a real person. He is not a creation of Gleemax.
I have met Scott Rouse. I was at Gencon. He is a real person. He is not a creation of Gleemax.

Bah, could have been a hired actor ;)

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Who is Scott Rouse? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Slavisek tell it, anybody could have worked for Rouse. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, he's gone.
He becomes a myth, a spook story that game designers tell their kids at night. "Leak any of 4E, and Scott Rouse will get you." And no-one ever really believes.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
grimslade said:
Who is Scott Rouse? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Slavisek tell it, anybody could have worked for Rouse. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And poof. Just like that, he's gone.
He becomes a myth, a spook story that game designers tell their kids at night. "Leak any of 4E, and Scott Rouse will get you." And no-one ever really believes.

Well, if that is not cited from The Usual Suspects I am an old green Dragon.

Keep it coming!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads