Dragonlance Is SODQ going to be a sourcebook or just an adventure?

ECMO3

Hero
I ask because I want to play it as a player first, but if there is a large portion that is a sourcebook (subclassses, feats, backgrounds, world description) I will pick it up for those parts.

D&D Beyond has it under the Adventure category, so I'd say the book probably leans heavier into that direction. It's 224 pages for a 1-10 campaign with a few mini-scenarios.

ECMO3

Hero
It takes place during the War of the Lance. As someone who was a teen in the 80s I read the books and played DL1-15 once and DMed it 3 times so I am thoroughly familiar with the lore and how the heroes of the Lance "saved Krynn".

Do people think this is going to be a different narrative interpretation of the War of the Lance (like POTA is compared to Elemental Evil or SKT is to the Giants modules) or is it going to be a reprint of the War with pretty much an identical story reformatted for 5e (like Saltmarsh is) or is going to be the same timeline and story with this adventure happening simultaneously in a different part of the War while Tanis and Raistlan and company are "saving the world" in their areas.

darjr

I crit!
It takes place during the War of the Lance. As someone who was a teen in the 80s I read the books and played DL1-15 once and DMed it 3 times so I am thoroughly familiar with the lore and how the heroes of the Lance "saved Krynn".

Do people think this is going to be a different narrative interpretation of the War of the Lance (like POTA is compared to Elemental Evil or SKT is to the Giants modules) or is it going to be a reprint of the War with pretty much an identical story reformatted for 5e (like Saltmarsh is) or is going to be the same timeline and story with this adventure happening simultaneously in a different part of the War while Tanis and Raistlan and company are "saving the world" in their areas.
BBC9E54B-D089-4A56-8D76-56A83D861DCB.jpeg

I feel like their intent is the bolded part, but I don't think the adventure will really reference events occurring elsewhere. There may be a "winkwinknudgenudge" reference somewhere in it for fans to geek out about, but I feel like making knowledge of those events much of a factor in this adventure would be pretty poor design.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

The basic plot was described in the Flying Citadel article, but I won’t spoil it here.

darjr

I crit!
The basic plot was described in the Flying Citadel article, but I won’t spoil it here.

Any chance getting that bit spoiler blocked?

Remove ads