• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is the economic crisis affecting your gaming purchasing?

Is the economic crisis affecting your gaming spending?

• Yes, severly.

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Yes, moderately.

Votes: 32 15.1%
  • Yes, slightly.

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 121 57.1%

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Chicken Tikka Masala + Rice is a fave of mine as well, but I usually order Garlic Naan to go with it when I can.

And I have to have my rice pudding or that tasty fruit yoghurt stuff to finish off, even if it means doing a Mr. Creosote.

Phaezen

Adventurer
I voted Moderately, it hasn't yet, but seeing as how the rand dropped 18% :eek:against the Dollar yesterday, if it holds than I will have to make some adjustments . . . . :(

Phaezen

Nope. I actually just had a raise kick in for my paycheck. The economic conditions are worrisome, but there's not anything I can do about most of my worries. I'm not buying gamebooks with my 401(k) after all.

I guess if I can somehow figure out how to get my hands on some bailout money and refinance my mortgage, I could presumably have more cash on hand for gaming. :shrug:

GRStrayton

First Post
I'm purchasing fewer books (which, trust me, my wife is happy about since we live in a studio apartment), but the biggest change has been in my convention attendance, which tends to run several hundred dollars per weekend when you include both travel and hotel. I've had to skip two cons in the past two months. I'm hoping to be able to afford to attend Anonycon in Stamford, CT in December.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
I'm with Hobo... I just had an annual raise kick in recently. My job is safe from the economic crunch, so same purchases as usual. Which means lots of PDFs and few paper products... my crisis is storage space ;)

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
The Global economic crisis has not had any discernible effect on my spending whatsoever. There is a very good reason for that.

My personal economic crisis of being unemployed for the past 5 months for reasons totally unconnected to the housing bubble or credit crunch was the primary driving force behind me having to cut down on my personal spending across the board.

Happily, I just started a new job on Tuesday with a 39% pay bump on top of what I had made at my previous job. I expect my general spending habits to increase rather than decrease in the coming months.

END COMMUNICATION

SilverSnake

First Post
I have a secure job, but even so I'm a little concerned about how my long-term finances are going to go. As much as I would like to continue to support my local gaming store, I find that I am now much more likely to search for books online. I pay less, even if I have to wait a few extra days for a book to come in the mail. I also plan on giving up my dice addiction. I don't plan on cutting down drastically, but I will be a little more frugal.

cthulhu_duck

First Post
The exchange rate for the NZD against the USD has dropped recently from .7 to .6 (NZ$1 buys US$.060) which will likely affect any purchases I do make ... but I'm not making many.

Apart from KoTS, I haven't bought any other 4E products. While I used to buy a case of DDM with every set, I stopped that several sets back, not keen on the new look of some creatures.

Dragon and Dungeon are no longer in print, so I don't visit the FLGS, and avoid a lot of impulse buys. (Yes, I'm aware of the DDI, but not interested at this point).

The reprint of Dragon Warriors is tempting, as is Munchkin Quest, and I'll probably ask the FLGS about them, but there's little else I'm tempted to buy at the moment.

Remove ads