• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is the Healer from MHB posted online like the Marshall?

Phaedrus

First Post
I found the Marshall class on WOTC's site (thanks to a post here at EN World).
I was wondering if the Healer was also?

I'm not really into miniatures, and so don't want to buy the book, but I am interested in classes.

(btw, is there enough in the MHB to warrant buying it if you don't "do" miniatures?)

Phaedrus said:
btw, is there enough in the MHB to warrant buying it if you don't "do" miniatures?

Definitely. I don't play DDM either but I've used the MH quite a bit. It's value has been lessened with the release of the Complete books, as they've reprinted some of the spells from MH. I'd still buy it, especially if I could find it at a discount.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
You're paying for, I think, 70 pages of D&D content. So definitely get it for less than full price.

Having said that, it's got, for my money, the best core classes, spells, monsters and feats in any recent book that included all of the above. (The magic items, though, are strangely blah and seem very metagamey in design.)

ohGr

First Post
Sorta. On Amazon.com's product page for the MHb, you can click on the picture of the book's cover to get a peek at the first 10 pages or so. This covers all of the favoured soul and most of the healer. Unfortunately, probably the most important info on the healer, its spell list, is cut off. :heh: Oh well, at least you'll get an idea what its like.

Personally, i wouldn't suggest buying the MHb just for its DnD content; there isn't enough there and it's just not very good (IMHO). Compounding matters, alot of what little DnD content the MHb actually has has been reprinted in many of the Complete books.

Romnipotent

First Post
MHB has the best bits of the Complete series that aren't in Unearthed Arcana.
Then again it has broken spells like Snakes Swiftness, Legions and Close Wounds... so if you like POAWH its a fun book. But yeah, try getting it for 1/3 RRP or less

Tuzenbach

First Post
Ogrork the Mighty said:
Definitely. I don't play DDM either but I've used the MH quite a bit. It's value has been lessened with the release of the Complete books, as they've reprinted some of the spells from MH. I'd still buy it, especially if I could find it at a discount.
Yes, but you *work* for WotC!

Silveras

First Post
Tuzenbach said:
BTW, there always exists the chance that the Healer et. al. will appear in the PHB II. I'd stay tuned for that.

Agreed. Probably 40-50 % of the RPG content of the Miniatures Handbook has appeared in other books (the Crucian is in Sandstorm, the Favored Soul class in Complete Divine, the Catfolk race in Races of the wild, the Warmage class in Complete Arcane, and so on). There is a an excellent chance that the remaining spells will see print in the Spell Compendium, I would think. For all else, the PHB II seems a likely candidate.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
ohGr said:
Compounding matters, alot of what little DnD content the MHb actually has has been reprinted in many of the Complete books.
"A lot" doesn't include the monsters, the spells, the prestige classes (all three of which are quite good) and two of the core classes.

A signficant minority of the MHB has been reprinted. It has not, by any stretch of the imagination, been "a lot."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads