Is the Monster Builder Still Getting Updates?

the Jester

Legend
We know that WotC has discontinued support for the "classic" version of the Character Builder. They actually discontinued support for it a couple of months before the release of the online CB.

We know that WotC is working on an online Monster Builder- although there is no indication of when it will be released.

Is there any word on whether the current Monster Builder will continue to receive support until the new one is ready?

Better yet, if someone from WotC notices this thread, can they comment on this directly so we have it from the horse's mouth?

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I don't think anyone from WotC has replied to a question about the MB for at least six months.

What was previously, for me anyway, the highlight of their DDi offerings has become just another example of WotC's inability to deliver.

Frankly, I would be happy for a de-update. Take it back to before the MMIII update that introduced all the bugs. I want to be able to build and copy custom monsters again. I want to print stat blocks with icons instead of random symbols.

Aegeri

First Post
I honestly don't expect it to get any updates now and instead be "replaced" by the new online builder.

Edit: I would settle for it not changing the text I put in for once.

or not forgetting the recharge rate on the custom monster....

But agreed, I don't expect to see updates. Fortunately it does work, just no as pretty as I would like.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Is there any word on whether the current Monster Builder will continue to receive support until the new one is ready?

What is this, 2008? There's no such thing as hope anymore.

Hahaha, okay, hyperbole.

Seriously, no. Don't expect anything soon. A quick read of what happened with the CB gives me the sour taste of an IP Freakout in upper management that put the kibosh on it entirely. I wouldn't expect the MB to get any love until they have a new one, and, given how they fell on their face with the CB, I don't expect that to happen until it's good and ready.

I've been surprised by these dudes before, and anything's possible, but I can't believe there's a cause for optimism here.

I'm not for supporting piracy, but's it is getting more and more tempting to uninstall the thing, and reinstall it using only updates untill the MM3 add on.

Remove ads