• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is the Online CB Working Well Now?

BobTheNob

First Post
Personally, its now very stable for me. I dont know what they did, but it just doesnt crash any more.

My problem is features. No editable campaigns, no inherent bonus, no support for house rules. These are things our group relies on. Till they are implemented, we wont be using the tool.

If we are not using the tool come next subscription payment, I will be cancelling.

Come on WOTC. Give you paying customers a reason to have faith in you!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
It is more stable.

That's about it.

Still a kludgy interface. Still not actually building characters correctly. Still no cross-campaign compatibility (no Clerics with themes, it seems!). Still slooooow sometimes.

But hey, it's more stable, and possibly going to be updated with the other Essentials PH, so, um...there's that...:erm:

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Personally, its now very stable for me. I dont know what they did, but it just doesnt crash any more.

My problem is features. No editable campaigns, no inherent bonus, no support for house rules. These are things our group relies on. Till they are implemented, we wont be using the tool.

If we are not using the tool come next subscription payment, I will be cancelling.

Come on WOTC. Give you paying customers a reason to have faith in you!

I can see the inherent bonus being added. And a very outside chance at editable campaigns. I dont see any support ever for house rules.

Jack99

Adventurer
How about, "Far more functional than the steaming pile which took its place?" or better yet, "The software whose replacement was the final nail in my subscription's coffin?"

You do realize my comment was a reply to a specific claim, right? I am not disputing that the old CB is much better than the new one. In fact, all my 6 players have cancelled their sub, bc I told them the new CB would be worthless for us for a while - unless we wipe, in which case we will need the E-classes, but thats another matter altogeher.

My point was simply that I doubt that Aegeri is incapable of making any characters on the new CB. Its not that bad. Unless any character constitutes one attempt at making a character, or something equally silly.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
My point was simply that I doubt that Aegeri is incapable of making any characters on the new CB. Its not that bad.
I can't speak for Aegeri, but it is that bad for me. I cannot select any powers for any characters. The powers section is just bank. I have tried a message-board work around for the US-regional settings issue which appears to be the reason for this, but it didn't work for me. So, right now, I cannot create a single character using the CB, it is basically a useless application :(

avin

First Post
I can't speak for Aegeri, but it is that bad for me. I cannot select any powers for any characters. The powers section is just bank. I have tried a message-board work around for the US-regional settings issue which appears to be the reason for this, but it didn't work for me. So, right now, I cannot create a single character using the CB, it is basically a useless application :(

They will never fix ir for non US users... for properly copying and paste monsters using MB I had to change settings.

They never fixed. They never will.

CB online is an amateurish piece of garbage.

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
I spent an hour or so plinking around yesterday with it. I had not used it since release day +1.

Yesterday I had NO failures, crashes, or errors. I still find there are several interface decisions that I dislike, and I would certainly change a few things. It is also still "too slow".

Again, absolutely zero crashes or errors.

Kerranin

First Post
Basic Problem...

You release any update to any in-use software, it better do everything that the previous version did!

Online CB - failed at this for any/all reasonable measures.

luide

First Post
I can also confirm that CB only works if you're using decimal dot (.), not decimal comma (,).

Monster Builder had kinda same bug, first versions crashed instantly if you were using decimal comma.

I've been patient with the new CB, but considering that this bug was reported to WotC the first day after launch and they still haven't managed to fix it, I think I will be canceling my DDI sub and requesting refund.

Aegeri

First Post
I am not sure why I cannot use it at all, I believe it's probably a combination of my terrible internet combined with being outside the US. Either way, I'll take what clearly actually worked over what doesn't work at all any day.

Remove ads