• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is the Online CB Working Well Now?

Zaran

Adventurer
I never had an issue with the crashs and bugs. Yes it crashed on me but I never lost any info. My problem is that it is an Inferior product when compared to the Offline Builder. If they add back in all the features and a fix the few issues the Offline Builder had then this would be a great product and we can back to complaining about something else.

Scribble

First Post
I never had an issue with the crashs and bugs. Yes it crashed on me but I never lost any info. My problem is that it is an Inferior product when compared to the Offline Builder. If they add back in all the features and a fix the few issues the Offline Builder had then this would be a great product and we can back to complaining about something else.

My HOPE is that Adventure tools will come out and add this stuff back in... My reasoning to support this theory aside from simply hope?

1. The CB already supports at least the inherent bonuses feature, so for some reason it was disabled.

2. This and the other "missing" features (aside from the export ability) all seem to center around customization, and campaign specific options- all stuff that is in the realm of DM's control.

3. Unlike the export function, most of the missing DM specific features seem to be met with basically: "We are aware of this missing feature."

4. They also haven't been calling it the "Monster Builder" they continue to call it the "Adventure Tools."

All this combined leads me to hope at least, that the Adventure Tools , in addition to a monster builder will have tools allowing the DM to customize his campaign. To basically turn on/off all the options he wants to, and it will show up as another selectable campaign in his player's CBs...

The fact that they've been pretty quiet about the issues with the CB gives me further hope that they feel the AT will quickly change a lot of the anger...

It might just be pipe dreams- but at least it's pipe dreams supported by some sort of reasoning! :p

Jack99

Adventurer
I am not sure why I cannot use it at all, I believe it's probably a combination of my terrible internet combined with being outside the US. Either way, I'll take what clearly actually worked over what doesn't work at all any day.

I am outside the US - shouldn't I have the same problem?

Aegeri

First Post
If I knew why it didn't work I would fix it. But I don't know why it doesn't work. So therefore, if X doesn't work and Y does work, I will continue to support Y.

Scribble

First Post
If I knew why it didn't work I would fix it. But I don't know why it doesn't work. So therefore, if X doesn't work and Y does work, I will continue to support Y.

Real quick question for you- The computers that you tried...

Were they all your computer (IE you own them all?)

Also were they on the same network?

Aegeri

First Post
They're different computers, but on the same two networks (but the same ISP both times). I cannot access the online CB from work.

Ryujin

Legend
"Working well" is a matter of opinion, I think. It hasn't actually crashed on me recently but it still has a bunch of bugs and errors, an annoying hesitation after selecting an item, and doesn't do what I need it to.

RyvenCedrylle

First Post
post removed. Understood, cap'n.

Mod Edit: No, you may not. Sorry, but EN World does not condone or support copyright infringement. This site is not to be used to tell others where they may find infringing materials.

Last edited:

Mithreinmaethor

First Post

Have you set your Operating System language settings to English (US) ?????

I know a lot of people outside the US had problems and this fixed it.

Ktulu

First Post
Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

Just a heads up, all. WotC_Trevor just posted an update on updates. They've pushed an update that they believe will fix the crash issues people were having. I wasn't one of them, but heard quite a few people had troubles with it.

So, get into the builder and find out. If it doesn't work, gotta let them know.

Remove ads