• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is the Online CB Working Well Now?

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
If you're familiar with things that vaguely resemble XML, you can use CBLoader to build your own updates to the offline CB.

Which breaks the EULA you accept when you use the online builder. Which has been debated 2000 times already. (No, the program doesn't, but extracting content from the online builder does. No, because you pay for it doesn't mean you can use the data as you see fit).

fanboy2000

Adventurer
Which breaks the EULA you accept when you use the online builder. Which has been debated 2000 times already. (No, the program doesn't, but extracting content from the online builder does. No, because you pay for it doesn't mean you can use the data as you see fit).
Wait, doesn't cbloader let you add content to the old, classic builder? I looked at cbloader a few weeks ago and it seemed like the steps were 1) run cbloader 2) have fun typing all the rules you want to add. Extracting content and use of online CB didn't seem to enter into it.

Here's the first thing I see when when I go to page Squizzle linked to:

Provides a greater degree of houserule options than the standard D&D Character Builder application by allowing you to manually modify the rules XML file and load those changes into the D&D offline Character Builder.

It might violate the terms of the EULA for the offline builder since people put all kinds of crazy things in EULAs, but it certainly doesn't extract anything from the online builder.

Squizzle

First Post
Does it directly modify the data files? I know that if I want to run the "classic", unmodified Builder, I open it without using CBLoader. I was of the belief that CBLoader stores everything you add in a separate .part file.

Scribble

First Post
Tuesday the 21st CB gets an update! :)

It gets a nice big HoTFK update, some magazines, and an export option! :)

Also the entire MV is going into the compendium.

Unfortunately the MB is delayed.

Remove ads