Is the paladin underpowered?

doghead

thotd
I think the discussion here is focused on combat versus general role-playing. Obviously there are few limits on what you can do in terms of RP.

The Paladin in 13A doesn't stray far from its D&D roots. Its combat options are just a little basic compared to some of the other classes in the game.

Ye-ah.

To be fair, I was indulging in a little selective reading in order to indulge in a grumpy old man rant about gamers who need mechanical shiny bits and crunchy bling-bling to keep them entertained.

Which isn't really fair because their way of enjoying the game is as valid as mine, or any other.

[sblock](even if they are playing it wrong :devil:) [/sblock]

thotd

Jhaelen

First Post
Boring? Seriously? The Paladin? I'm not particularly familiar with the 13th Age.
Actually, I had the same impression after reading all of the 13th Age class writeups. The paladin felt more boring to me than the barbarian. Granted, I prefer my characters to be more complex, so I wouldn't choose to play a paladin anyway.

Thankfully, with '13 True Ways' we now also have rules for multiclassing. I suspect, paladins will work fine (and be more interesting) as multi-class characters.

Remove ads