• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Is the stat system biased against front-liners?

n00b f00

First Post
I'm sorry. I meant after my wall of text. Your post was quite concise. I get your point, and don't necessarily disagree with it specifically. It's just at some tables with some campaigns, that groups' meta leads to more min maxed characters that make your monk, warlock, rogue harder to fit into that dynamic.

It's not a big deal when everyone is on the same page, and if we played at the same table, like most matters of taste I'm sure we'd work it out pretty quick and have fun. Whether I was playing a cookie cutter variant human pole arm master, or a tiefling druid who favored int because he was a part time accountant. As long as your having fun it's all good. And 5e is quite a bit more flexible than previous editions were. Which is one of the big reasons why I finally got into DnD.

Kalshane

First Post
I have a Tiefling Vengeance Paladin 5/Rogue 2 with Str 13, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 15 and the Skilled feat who fights using an "Arming Sword" (re-skinned rapier) and shield. I have no problems with feeling like he's inadequate or under-powered.

I actually feel like my Lore Bard/Favored Soul in a different game has more demands on his stats, just because of his "Jack of All Trades" role in the party.

Remove ads