• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is there a Revelry cleric domain?

shadowthorn

First Post
Has anyone ever encountered a Revelry domain for clerics? I play a half-orc cleric of Bacchus, the god of revelry, and would like to use the Revelry domain - but there isn't one. I've come up with some ideas for the domain spells, but I'd love to see if there's anything existing that already covers this.

Of course, I'd love to see your ideas for the Revelry domain, so please feel free to post your concepts. My ideas are below. Thanks!

Revelry Domain

Granted Power: ???

Spells

1. Unseen Servant?
2. Tasha's Hideous Laughter
3. ???
4. Emotion, Intoxicate (same as Confusion), Shout
5. ???
6. Hero's Feast
7. Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion?
8. Otto's Irresistable Dance
9. ???

jerichothebard

First Post
While it isn't a cleric domain, the drunken master PrC from Sword and Fist has some great drunkenness related feats and abilities - you might look into some of them for the granted power. I believe one of them gives you a bonus to CON & STR and a penalty to Dex & WIS & INT (???) per drink.

It's pretty cool.

jtb

sjmiller

Explorer
Well, since Bacchus, known to the Greeks as Dionysus, was also the patron deity of theater (the first plays were performed in his honor) it gives you a bit of leeway in creating a domain based on his worship. I might suggest the following:

Granted Power: The character can cast Create Wine (a specialized variant of Create Food and Drink) a number of time a day equal to one half the character’s level, rounded up.

Domain Spells
1. Change Self, Random Action, Charm Person
2. Alter Self, Blur, Tasha’s Hideous Laughter
3. Create Food and Water, Plant Growth (got to get those grape vines big to make wine)
4. Confusion
5. Seeming
6. Hero’s Feast, Project Image
8. Otto’s Irresistible Dance

I am trying to think of some others to fit into the blank spots. If I took a couple days I might even be able to create some new spells to fit the bill.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Well,you can do it in a few ways. If you're using Deities and Demigods, they've got a pretty good idea of Dionysus, and Bacchus isn't drastincally different; choosing domains like Madness will give you a good handle on the partying, since it makes your mind pretty much snap -- basically the spells of the Madness domain simulate the effect that copius quantities of alcohol can have on an individual, and if you'd like to pair it with some of the more positive effects, try Charm. I mean, it's revelry -- madness and love. :) (and the Insanity score can mimic your character being regularly drunk -- but empowerwed with revelation when acting with clarity). You could pair it with Community for more of a 'drinking and eating together' concept.

To whip up a domain for ya, I'd hafta know what kind of revelry you'd like to focus on -- Madness, Charm, and Community are all good 'party domains'; and Destruction gives it more of a classical feel....what don't those domains give that you'd like to tap?

Remathilis

Legend
The Book of Exalted Deeds has a joy and pleasure domain in it, and there is a passion domain in Dragonlance. Check to see if these aren't to your liking.

Remove ads