• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is there a way to Convert 5th to Dragon Age?

fitsou

First Post
After searching the Dragon Age RPG and lets call it the d6 system, i started to like it and I want to give it a try with my Party.
the only issue is that we have played some session with 5th edition of D&D... for the 2 players the convert is easy as they have rogue and ranger, but the third player is a War Priest...

I found hard to find something similar to that in the DA books.. the only solution is some kind of home made class (wich I think its unfair) or some kind of Multiclass wich is also not in the core books...

Has anyone an solution?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I don't know either Dragon Age nor D&D 5e, but I cannot imagine there's any kind of direct correlation between Dragon Age's limited class selection, versus the infinitely more complex D&D classes - the two systems being apples and oranges to each other. As you state a rogue and ranger should have relatively similar class comparisons in Dragon Age, but of the exotic and specialized caster classes of D&D has no Dragon Age comparative class. I personally wouldn't allow the creation of a new class in Dragon Age, rather I'd more likely recommend that player to scrap his war priest and build a new divine class as is currently available in Dragon Age, and grant him equivalent level to what his war priest had and go from there.

You could visit a Dragon Age forum (if such a thing exists) and ask your question there, to see if they'd offer something different than my approach. There might already be conversion information from D&D 4e classes to Dragon Age for a similar conversion (since 5e didn't exist for there to be any conversion from that to Dragon Age).

aramis erak

Legend
I've not run AGE (Neither Fantasy Age nor Dragon Age), but I have read it, and have run 5E a lot.

You'll lose a lot in conversion...
Mage will encompass the roles filled by Bards, Clerics, Warlocks, Sorcerers, and Wizards...
Rogue will cover Rogues pretty well.
Warrior will cover Barbarian and Fighter well, Paladin and Ranger moderately (they lose their spells)

By use of the warrior mage specialization, one can get fighting mages....which makes a good fit with certain forms of warlock.

Now, there is a Mystarra adaptation for AGE... it divides mage between clerics and wizards, as is proper for d&d...

Note that 5E attribute modifiers scale closely to starting AGE attributes.

fitsou

First Post
Thanks Aramis!!
Im still learning the books can you please tell me in wich set (1,2or 3) is the Mage Warrior and what is the name of the book for the AGE system that i can look the Mystarra?

Remove ads