• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is this DM bs or is it not?

Tsyr

Explorer
I agree to a point Mouse, but I think trust is also important. I agree that the DM has the right to do things like that from a "legal" standpoint, but there are better solutions. If he feels he made a mistake, talk it over with the players. Offer a lesser item in exchange, something like that. Disabeling the player and robbing him blind is sorta cruel. Why not give him a good swift kick in the junk while your at it, ne?

I trust my players to understand that what I am doing is in the best interest of the overall campagin.

They trust me to "play nice".

-Ekimus-

First Post
the rest we (cleric and mage) made for the barb, using the small amount of gold we had. the rod was given to him

i wouldnt normally be one to complain on this... but stuff like this has happened to us throughout the entire campaign

Last edited:

SonOfLilith

First Post
It is so BS! It was not a plot point, they where not shape changed. It was a random encounter that left my poor barb paralized. Worst yet, I was about to pawn an entire campain's worth of iteams for cash, and they where also stolen. So about a year's worth of campaining through the white Plume mountains is reduced to nothing in one failed will save. :mad: :mad: :mad:

P.S. It was just me, all by my loansome, and 9 of them attacked.

P.S.S. This is not the first time this has happened. After we spent months clearing out this one temple, the DM desided to have Pirates come and steal all out iteams. Not to mention the single thief was was pick-pocketing in the demon web for no reason.

roytheodd

First Post
So let me get this straight? You'd rather have the DM kill your character than rob him and you're mad that the DM altered information that too many players already have... I detect no DM bs.

trimeulose

First Post
I actually have to agree, with both sides (though I lean heavilly toward the barbs side).

First, players should be keen to make sure that their items aren't waiting to get stolen. Be cautious.

Second, It is not only the DM's game. By saying the DM can do what ever he wants, it takes loads of fun out of the game. True, he should take the advantage when he has it, but blatantly attacking a PC without any reason other than "you are using the item in an inovative way that disrupts the way that I (more bit****g and complaining)" If a DM sees an unbalanced item, he should make sure that their is a plot hook so that the item is taken temporarily. And, by the time the character gets it back, it won't be unbalanced anymore.

A DM who says 10 harpies fly out of the woods and steal your junk to one thirteenth level char, might as well say Azmodeus says give me your soul or die, to a group of 1st level chars. Either way its not fair.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Well killing the Barbarian seem more lets say Logical... more natural ?

Tell your DM that when he wants to take away items he shouldnt have given out in the first place that he should use the Ethereal Filcher... great for this kind of job.... :rolleyes:

machine

First Post
Zouken said:
Stingy huh, with a Rod of Lordly Might, and 4 other magic items. I wish my DM were that stingy.

No kidding!

I hope my players don't read this thread about a stingy DM.... Their opinion of me will change drastically.

machine.

|]emonix

First Post
BS

i think the dm was out of line in the sence that harpies would not normally act like that... harpies would either attack after they paralized him, or take him back to where he stands no chance against their odds.... not strip the char and leave him unharmed. that is a little bit to much for me.:cool:

-Ekimus-

First Post
how about using a ring of undead control while standing in an Anti-Magic Shell that he cast to control our mage(a vampire) and make him walk into the ocean and die?

Remove ads