D&D 5E Is this the reason why we're getting a new starter set?

JEB

Legend
From the Dragon+ article on non-English translations of D&D:
Wizards of the Coast is also excited to publish localized D&D publications in Brazilian Portuguese. The launch of the core rule books (Livro do Jogador, Livro do Mestre, and Livro dos Monstros) is confirmed to start in the second half of 2022, alongside the Essentials Kit and a revamped Starter Kit.

“This announcement is extremely important for the Brazilian D&D community, which has been following Dungeons & Dragons for decades,” celebrates Reynaldo Barbella, head of LATAM at Wizards of the Coast. “D&D fans in Brazil can be sure that we will be listening to them, providing all the necessary support, and working to offer new localized content. In addition to the core rulebooks, we will launch new and localized products throughout the second half of 2022.”
More specifically, the classic D&D cartoon was an extra big deal in Brazil... so this would explain why the cast features on the cover.

Note they also mentioned "new" products later this year... Brazil exclusives?

aco175

Legend
It does sound like the new Starter Set is part of the push for this. I would assume that it would be published in America as well, but what do they say about assuming.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
From the Dragon+ article on non-English translations of D&D:

More specifically, the classic D&D cartoon was an extra big deal in Brazil... so this would explain why the cast features on the cover.

Note they also mentioned "new" products later this year... Brazil exclusives?
Might explain why they would go back to the well of the old cartoon. It is also worth noting that Paramount owns the old cartoon...and Paramount is Hasbro's content creation partner. I wouldn't be shocked if the D&D cartoon got some sort of revival or reinvention, and soon.

Might explain why they would go back to the well of the old cartoon. It is also worth noting that Paramount owns the old cartoon...and Paramount is Hasbro's content creation partner. I wouldn't be shocked if the D&D cartoon got some sort of revival or reinvention, and soon.
Honestly, with all the '80s cartoon revivals, and with D&D now hugely popular, that's probably a no-brainer. And, if it's any good, I'd watch the heck out of it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Honestly, with all the '80s cartoon revivals, and with D&D now hugely popular, that's probably a no-brainer. And, if it's any good, I'd watch the heck out of it.
Yeah, we get minis for the characters, q bunch of references in witchlight...it feels like something may be afoot.

Remove ads