• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is this too good?

BartD

First Post
I am considering letting a rogue/warlock get into the arcane trickster prestige class a little easier than usual. As in she will be able to start as a Rogue 1/Warlock 4/Scout 1 such that she has 2d6 precision damage (sneak attack and skirmish), deceive item from the warlock, and various skills. At 10th level (likely campaign end) her eldritch blast will be doing damage like 4d6 + 1d6 skirmish + 3d6 sneak. It should be noted that the party currently has no archer or blaster so she will not be stepping on anyone's toes.

As far as I can see, the 'proper' entry for AT is rogue 3/warlock 6 (lesser invocation is equivalent to level 3-4 spell), which seems a little late.

So... is it too good or not really that good at all?

Aleolus

First Post
...I don't know if sneak attack and skirmish stack. I don't think they do, but I can't remember.

Anyway, if you're wanting to make the class available earlier, then that's your perogative. Personally, I think Rouge 2/Warlock 5 sounds like a good medium, but maybe that wouldn't be any different than the 3/6 for abilities. That's just my two cents worth, lets see what other people say.

Also, if you're using Scout rather than Rogue as one of the entry classes, you might want to trade the Arcane Trickster's sneak attack for skirmish (especially if the two don't stack).

Remove ads