D&D 5E Is Xanathars The New UA? AKA A Munchkins Book

Pathkeeper24601

First Post
Why would I forget that? You could also dimension door or Thunderstep inside, or use an antimagic field.

That said, the protection that a Leomund's Tiny Hut provides considering it is a 3rd level ritual is next level. Everytime a DM encounters it for the first time, it's always the same. "What save do they have to make to enter? There's no save? How much damage do the walls take before they are destroyed? They can't take damage? Let me read that..."

Just to put it in perspective, consider what % of creatures in the MM could do anything to circumvent a Leomund's Hut. Is it 5%? Can't be more than that.

I don't think you can teleport in. I guess it depends on how you look at "Spells and other magical effects can't extend through the dome" . Additionally, since it is opaque, you technically can't see a location inside for Thunder Step. I mention Dispel Magic since it is available at the same tier.

I do think it is OK for it to sometimes (mostly) work as well. Just need to push it enough that they don't rely on it. I have no problem with it preventing encounters at night or negating some environmental issues or even make some trivial encounter even more trivial. I kind of shake my head a bit when they rent a room in an Inn, then clear space in the room to cast it there.

I don't think you can teleport in. I guess it depends on how you look at "Spells and other magical effects can't extend through the dome" .
I would agree it could be seen either way. You are 100% right about Thunder Step though, I forgot that had the same requirement as Misty Step.

I mention Dispel Magic since it is available at the same tier.
It is, though as I mention, I don't think it's something that is a frequent asset of opponents. Also note that as Dispel magic isn't a ritual, you are using resources to dispel it even though no resources were used to raise it. That is still a sweet deal in my books.

I kind of shake my head a bit when they rent a room in an Inn, then clear space in the room to cast it there.
The PC's are likely to be as careful as you teach them to be.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The fact that a number of these "defend the campsite" spells are rituals is a bit problematic - it means you aren't expending resources...

Remove ads