• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Leif

Adventurer
waiting my turn

For once, Gnurl will wait until his proper turn. You're all welcome. I'm waiting for Morwyn and Marienna.

Leif

Adventurer
npc Marienna?

From my superior vantage point in the crow's nest, I think and hope that I have a clear line of sight to parts of the squid that are not near my compatriots. If this is indeed the case, and I can arrange my area of effect so as not to endanger anyone dear to me, I'll cast my last remaining lightning bolt at the squid. The lightining bolt does 29 points of damage, or 14.5 if it saves.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=877620

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

OOC: Sorry guys for the disappearance. Lost my internet access at work, and it's been Science Fair week at home. Others have tied up the computer most of the evening. Assuming Finn is now free of the tentacle, his actions are below. /OOC

Struggling free from the slimy grasp of the undead kraken, Finn stabs twice (1d20+10=22, 1d20+5=12) at its head, his blade sinking deep (damage) (1d6+4=9) the first time, so that he misses the second blow.

Scotley

Hero
The Battle continues...

Largely free of the tentacles the party begins to rally. The rage takes over and Morwyn lays into the squid with his axe opening a huge wound in the undead flesh. Rook is once more a blur across the deck as he moves to attack a sea zombie, but unlike the usual slow undead this one moves with some agility and his blow slips past without hitting. The raging barbarian sailor manages to hit the squid a glancing blow with his axe. Marienna's Cutlass flashes (1d20+8=13, 1d20+3=10) as she attacks the squid, but once more she fails to mar it. Struggling free from the slimy grasp of the undead kraken, Finn stabs twice at its head, his blade sinking deep the first time, so that he misses the second blow. As he yanks he recovers his blade, from the second failed attack, the air around his heats up and his ears ring with the sound of thunder as lightning arcs down from the rigging to strike the squid. The smell of cooked rancid seafood makes those close to the now lifeless squid gag. A couple of the nearby crew cheer the defeat of the huge undead, but their joy is short lived as the battle continues. A few manage to strike the other foes with missile weapons, but their efforts are hampered by the webs and others desperately reload swivel guns and ballista. The sea zombies clustered around Rook attack (1d20+6=25, 1d20+6=22, 1d20+6=25) and all three manage to score hits (1d6+4=9, 1d6+4=9, 1d6+4=8) with cutlass or belaying pin. He is covered in the tainted putrid water that drips from his foes (make 3 fortitude saves DC14). An undead hermit crab the size of a draft horse snaps its claws (1d20+9=11, 1d20+9=17) at Morwyn, but misses again. The Medium Undead Crab (1d20+3=7) and Sea Zombies trapped in the web stuggle (1d20+4=18, 1d20+4=12), but are unable to break free. Below decks a freed Radoon gathers the sailors and makes for an unblocked stairway. As they cross the ship in the corridors under the main deck they see a Sea Zombie at the end of the passage that has made it below deck. He holds a hunting knife (un) holy symbol and seem to have just completed some sort of spell. The air in front of him shimmers and some sort of large canine horror seems to be forming.

OOC: New Round. Actions?

Scotley

Hero
Initiative order remains:

Morwyn
Rook
Barbarian Sailor
Marienna
Finn, Gnurl and Radoon
Other Crew
The Undead

Attachments

• Maindeck4.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 53

Leif

Adventurer
Going down. Maybe not.

I'll slowly begin to climb donwn the mast. Halfway down , I change my mind and return to the crow's nest.

Last edited:

Remove ads