Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

mleibrock

First Post
Scotley said:
[sblock=Radoon]Marienna spends as much time with Radoon as she can though in large part this consists of evenings and nights as she is busy with tending the wounded, treating Allois and Finn, and trying to remove the effects of the curse. They share a bed each night if Radoon is willing. She is clearly saddened by the pending separation, but she knows her place is in Cambre tending Allois and that Radoon has his own responsibilities.[/sblock]

When Radoon is with Marienna, he is clearly a happier man. It is not that he was sad before it just seems he has found someone who gives him something to live for. When he comes across Marienna working as they journey to Cambre, he feels no shame stopping to say hi and taking her hand as he asks how she is doing and if she needs anything.

During their journey to Radoon's new home, Cambre, he offers to teach H'Roosh what he can of sailing during this short sail.

[sblock=Scott] In private, Radoon is consumed with happiness and confusion. He wonders how this fiery young woman came to have feelings for him. He truly feels he is the lucky one in this relationship. I ponders how he will fight now knowing his death will affect another's happiness. He clearly enjoys his time with Marienna and will try and ease her mind best he can with loving words and admitting he is actually looking forward to returning to a place for the first time in his life. In the past, he has allowed the wind to take him where it willed. Now he feels he finally has a place in this world and is looking forward to returning to it. He will also tell her that he would like to journey with her and show her some of the wondrous places he has seen but would also like to find some that neither has experienced and make their own memories.

Scott, once we reach Cambe, Radoon will take M. with him as he gets his new tattoo, and puts money down on a piece of land for them.

He will retrieve the backpack alone.
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Arrival

Just before sunset, you swing around Cambre through a channel that leads to the open ocean from the inner sea and then into a bay. For some this means coming full circle though most of you joined the quest for Allois later. As the little fleet of the Rumpled Bedsheet, Radiant Sun and Crestdancer enter the harbor at Cambre City you are assaulted by a variety of sights and smells, not all of them pleasant. Fishing and shrimping boats ply their trade. Big freighters and numerous small boats move about. Rows of residential barges line up out into the harbor. You pass close to an old hulk that now serves as a tavern. An open fire pit of bricks on the forecastle is loaded with a shallow cast iron pot perhaps 8' across yet only about 4" deep. The yellow saffron and pepper broth bubbles with rice, chicken, a variety of seafood and vegetables. A small band plays an upbeat tune on steel drums and strings at the aft castle and a mix of sailors and dockside workers seems to pack the boat to the gunnels as they scramble for a large mug of beer topped with a little plate of food or heaping wooden bowls of the dish being cooked on the foredeck. Several Piers jut out into the water. Captain Marin stands next to the helm of the Rumpled Bedsheet barking orders like a man half his age. He guides the ships toward Pier Seven where the Marin and son berths can easily accomdate all three ships. To the left of the main channel a row of colorfully painted expensive yachts and personal sailboats are protected by a double chain and a watchtower. A few boats painted in the blue of the Wheelander Authority dart about maintaining some sort of order in all this chaos.

As you get closer in, the buildings of Cambre’s largest port come into view. A large customs house dominates rows of warehouses. The Crews and trading houses here seem to be in some sort of competition for the gaudiest warehouse. They are painted in a riot of colors and hung with numerous flags and pennants. Higher up the slope a marble government building gleams in the noon sun. One building in particular catches your eye. It is not the largest or most ornate building on the Cambre skyline, but it is distinctive. It sprawls upward in a crescent shape that follows the flow of the land. It is made of a white stone and has numerous balconies overlooking the harbor. You would guess it is dwarven work from the First Empire, but despite its antiquity it looks as if it could stand another thousand years. Stevedores are loading and unloading cargo from all over the Empire. Eventually, all three ships bump the docks and secure lines. Captain Swabby barks orders to his crew of three guiding the Crest Dancer in smoothly with a style not unlike Captain Marin's while Geoffery's people on the Radiant Sun operate in teams with minimal direction from the officers, they too arrive smoothly if somewhat less noisily than the first two ships.

Captain Marin offers to put everyone up at the Inn of the White Wake until you sail on to the Border Isles. His nurse arrives along with a couple of old sailors. He, Marienna, Allois move off to the inn quickly with Marin already giving directives to the sailors. Terry Lockspar stays around to take care of the Rumpled Bedsheet and arrange for the Radiant Sun and the Crest Dancer to stay at the Marin and Son docks.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

OOC: Gnurl saw none of the sights, smells, or anything else coming into port, because he was below decks in the library and workshop of the Crest Dancer playing with his new runestaff and having a snack. When Captain Swabby makes port and announces their arrival to all onboard, Gnurl pries his gnomish gnose loose from the book he was reading, quickly fininshes the breadstick he was gnawing on, and goes out on deck.

"Ahhh, what a refreshing trip that was! Now I think I need to go and look for a gnosh!"

OOC: Gnurl will look around for his friends now and see what the plan is.....

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Cambry

Knowing that he would be in the doghouse for not accepting, Gregory will take a small suite of rooms at the Inn of the White Wake. Soon after docking, a string of people carying trunks etc can be seen headed in the direction of the inn.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon thanks the crew for all they've done during the journey. Unsure of what is needed from here on, he wishes them well and tells them he is purchasing a peice of property here and if they are ever back this way to look him up. He tells them all the first round is on him, just mention his name. He will then go to the pub and pay for how ever many drinks he has sailors and tip the bartender.

He will then go to the Inn as well and see if any help with Allois is needed.

OOC - I am headed to J'boro for the weekend to help Mikey with his bonus room. I should be able to post periodically.

Scotley

Hero
Radoon finds his coin only slightly diminished by his generousity. He somehow manages to get to the Inn of the White Wake with his purse only lighter by 26 gp. His health is toasted repeadly and songs are sung in his honor.

Radoon learns that Allois has been taken to a nearby temple for blessings and special healing. Eventually, he discovers as he arrives at the Inn that Marienna has left him a note at the front desk.

'Dearest Radoon,

I've got a few errands to run and some things to take care of, but I should be free by 10:00 pm for a late supper. I've made the arrangements, just relax have a bath and be at my room (123) by ten.

M'

Inside the envelop is a key on a heart-shaped fob and some dried rose petals.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

OOC: I presume that Captain Swabby has had the CrestDancer securely moored and all of the ship's business properly handled? If so, then Gnurl will tell Captain Swabby, "I will be going ashore for awhile, keep up the good work here, hold down the fort until my return." Then Gnurl will return Captain Swabby's salute and head down the gangplank.

"'Now....If I was the 'Sheet, where would I be....?" He will look all around the docks, and I'm guessing that he will notice the long train of Geoffrey's servants carting his belongings to the inn. Gnurl will follow them to the inn and join the gang. [OOC: Did Captain Marin get a room for Gnurl too, or does he need to do that?]

Scotley

Hero
The Rumpled Bedsheet and the Radiant Sun are both tied up at the same Pier as the Crest Dancer so it is easy enough to find other members of the party. A visit to the front desk, the White Wake has a short area of front desk managed by a dapper Halfling, gets Gnurl a room courtesy of Captain Marin. He sets Gnurl up with a nice low ceiling-ed room on the 'Hillside' wing where one side of the building is below ground but with windows on the other side providing a nice view of the Harbor.

Remove ads