Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

OOC: GO ahead with your fun, Todd. I'm gonna be having some fun back on the 'Sheet. :cool:

Finn's murmurs increase in volume, and he begins to thrash about the bed in which he lays, as if he is fighting unseen foes. His movements lead to his falling to the deck after a few minutes, and he appears to awaken. His now open eyes are haunted and furtive, casting about the dim room as if scared someone will attack him from every shadow. Staggering, he moves to the lanterns giving light to the cabin, increasing the length of the wick so that the room is cast into high contrast without shade. Taking one lantern down from its hook, he searches the room for some weapon, however crude it might be. Finally finding a baying pin, he takes it and the lantern back to bed. Pushing it against the bulkhead, he climbs back in, hooking the lantern over a convenient nail, holding the pin like it is his last thread to life. His eyes continually scan the room, searching for a foe that does not seem to be there, but one which he knows is waiting for his attention to wane.

Lou

Explorer
Mingo Frasse, Water Halfling at Play

Mingo sample the fruit and pastries before leaving Anson at the food and looking for the officers of the Radiant Sun to chitchat about the ship's range, speed, and recent travels.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

OOC: After some wine and some cupcakes (with m&m's and spirnkles!) Gnurl's eyelids get enormously heavy, Thanking his Host and Hostess profusely, Gnurl will excuse himself to go and put ointment on his sores, and then go to bed.

OOC: That's right! Gnurl made the FORT save, so no sores!

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
OOC: Leif, don't have Gnurl leave before Geoffrey tells everyone what he knows about the Sea Sorcerer and liches in general. Doesn't Gnurl want one more cupcake first? Maybe a moon pie? ;)

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Lou said:
OOC: Leif, don't have Gnurl leave before Geoffrey tells everyone what he knows about the Sea Sorcerer and liches in general. Doesn't Gnurl want one more cupcake first? Maybe a moon pie? ;)
OOC: Hearing Mingo's offer of more nosh, Gnurl will do an about face. "Ok, ok, ok, if you're going to twist my little arm, I'll have ONE more cupcake! or two, or three, or...."

J. Alexander

First Post
Dinner

When all the guests have been received and the cocktail hour passed, the officers and guest will be lead into a dining room left of the entryway once Master Gnurl has said his goodbyes and left for bed. A large table capable of sitting 32 has been set with snowy white linen and silver in addition to a very delicate chine done in pale yellow and white. A lovely meal is served with special attention being paid to racial deliciases that would be enjoyed by the respective representatives of their race.

With the conclusion of dinner, Marin, the party, Nathan Vasa and Elizabeth Vasa all assemble in yet another drawing room this one fitted out with comfortable club chairs. As after dinner cordials and drinks are served Geoffrey will take a seat in the circle of chairs next to Elizabeth, hands her a cordial containg a clear liquid and says "If there is no objections I will start this tale and leave it to Master Radoon, Hroosh and compnay to add to and inform of use earlier events. I have explained how I was summoned by the church actiong upon the request of Captain Marin. And we all know of how our battel progressed up until meeting the Lich. When the priest departed he made mention of Tyrros. Now for those
who are not familar with the name Tyrros is a dark northern god. One of cruelty and death. It was long thought that most of his followers had been erradicted as the Church over the years have mounted many extensive campaigns to weaken and destroy them. From that comment it is possible that they are trying to resurface and once again make their presence felt in the empire. I hesitate to say that this is a certainty as it may have been merely a dark curse uttered by a betrayed party which is the most common context for it's use. So until there is verification I am most loath to report it as fact. When we recoverd it was reported by my officers that just after the explosion, a large bird carrying a small metal case was seen flying off. This may well be our new liches pyclatery"

Geoffrey will then pause...."Does anyone have anyting else to add"

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter - Back on the Rumpled Bedsheet

Mistress Abelard has been tending the wounded during Marienna absence. Most of the crew's wounds have been superficial, although Master Allois still is withdrawn and seemingly confused to all that has happened over the last few months. She moves from the large cabin that he and his father are sharing to check on young Mr. Hunter. Her husband and son have spoken well of the young human, especially following the battle against those shark people. She notices that the light coming from under his door is much brighter than it had been earlier. Hoping that he is now awake, she taps lightly at the door, and eases it open. "Mr. Hunter, are you awake?" The sight that greets her eyes of Finn almost cowering in his bed shocks her.

"Who is it?" the cannoneer almost screams, fear seeming to stream from every sweat soaked pore. "Oh, Mistress Abalard. It's you. I'm back aboard the 'Sheet, unless they've captured you as well. 'Ware the shadows, ma'am, 'ware the shadows. They've got things that can come out of a seeming solid wall, wherever 'tis dark, and they try to suck your soul like you or I would suck the marrow out of a chicken's leg bone."

Realizing his panic is beyond her ability to completely calm, Mistress Abelard makes what calming noises she can. "There, there, Mr. Hunter. Yes, you're back aboard the Bedsheet. Captain Radoon and the others rescued you at the same time as when they found Master Allois. You've had a bad time of it, but you seem to have pulled through well enough. There's none of those foul shadows here, but you just lay back and rest. I'll get you some good soup to help restore your strength and let the Captain and Marienna Lockspur know that you're awake."

Finn does seem to relax a bit at this, although his eyes continue to scan the room unceasingly and the grip on the belaying pin does not relax. Mistress Abelard closes the door, and heads toward the galley, calling her son as she goes. When he meets her at the galley, she tells him to go to the Radiant Sun and let Marienna know that Finn has awakened, and is in an extremely distressed state. She prepares a bowl of a savory chowder that she had simmering and takes it back to the cannoneer's cabin.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Geoffrey, I'm not gone, Mingo talked me into staying and enjoying more of your divine cupcakes! So I've been here the whole time."

OOC: see post 35

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

J. Alexander said:
When all the guests have been received and the cocktail hour passed, the officers and guest will be lead into a dining room left of the entryway once Master Gnurl has said his goodbyes and left for bed. A large table capable of sitting 32 has been set with snowy white linen and silver in addition to a very delicate chine done in pale yellow and white. A lovely meal is served with special attention being paid to racial deliciases that would be enjoyed by the respective representatives of their race.

With the conclusion of dinner, Marin, the party, Nathan Vasa and Elizabeth Vasa all assemble in yet another drawing room this one fitted out with comfortable club chairs. As after dinner cordials and drinks are served Geoffrey will take a seat in the circle of chairs next to Elizabeth, hands her a cordial containg a clear liquid and says "If there is no objections I will start this tale and leave it to Master Radoon, Hroosh and compnay to add to and inform of use earlier events. I have explained how I was summoned by the church actiong upon the request of Captain Marin. And we all know of how our battel progressed up until meeting the Lich. When the priest departed he made mention of Tyrros. Now for those
who are not familar with the name Tyrros is a dark northern god. One of cruelty and death. It was long thought that most of his followers had been erradicted as the Church over the years have mounted many extensive campaigns to weaken and destroy them. From that comment it is possible that they are trying to resurface and once again make their presence felt in the empire. I hesitate to say that this is a certainty as it may have been merely a dark curse uttered by a betrayed party which is the most common context for it's use. So until there is verification I am most loath to report it as fact. When we recoverd it was reported by my officers that just after the explosion, a large bird carrying a small metal case was seen flying off. This may well be our new liches pyclatery"

Geoffrey will then pause...."Does anyone have anyting else to add"

Who is Nathan Vasa?

mleibrock

First Post
well done

SirCaith said:
Mistress Abelard has been tending the wounded during Marienna absence. Most of the crew's wounds have been superficial, although Master Allois still is withdrawn and seemingly confused to all that has happened over the last few months. She moves from the large cabin that he and his father are sharing to check on young Mr. Hunter. Her husband and son have spoken well of the young human, especially following the battle against those shark people. She notices that the light coming from under his door is much brighter than it had been earlier. Hoping that he is now awake, she taps lightly at the door, and eases it open. "Mr. Hunter, are you awake?" The sight that greets her eyes of Finn almost cowering in his bed shocks her.

"Who is it?" the cannoneer almost screams, fear seeming to stream from every sweat soaked pore. "Oh, Mistress Abalard. It's you. I'm back aboard the 'Sheet, unless they've captured you as well. 'Ware the shadows, ma'am, 'ware the shadows. They've got things that can come out of a seeming solid wall, wherever 'tis dark, and they try to suck your soul like you or I would suck the marrow out of a chicken's leg bone."

Realizing his panic is beyond her ability to completely calm, Mistress Abelard makes what calming noises she can. "There, there, Mr. Hunter. Yes, you're back aboard the Bedsheet. Captain Radoon and the others rescued you at the same time as when they found Master Allois. You've had a bad time of it, but you seem to have pulled through well enough. There's none of those foul shadows here, but you just lay back and rest. I'll get you some good soup to help restore your strength and let the Captain and Marienna Lockspur know that you're awake."

Finn does seem to relax a bit at this, although his eyes continue to scan the room unceasingly and the grip on the belaying pin does not relax. Mistress Abelard closes the door, and heads toward the galley, calling her son as she goes. When he meets her at the galley, she tells him to go to the Radiant Sun and let Marienna know that Finn has awakened, and is in an extremely distressed state. She prepares a bowl of a savory chowder that she had simmering and takes it back to the cannoneer's cabin.

Nice post!

Remove ads