Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

[sblock] As long as the bust isn't broken, let's swing it around again to hit him in the back again. Maybe we can get him going round and round in circles. My power points at this point will be down to 28, and I will use touchsight to make sure aren't any additional invisible things in here that we need to worry about. Since I don't know where Gnurl is, he better come visible as soon as the obvious threats are gone, or he may get hit with a statue. [/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Mingo Frasse (HP17/81 AC26 or 30 v. AoO) Anson (HP1/72 AC25) Mig (HP20/35 AC19)

OOC: These are the AoO for the move action last round:
IC: As Anson and Mig see the monstosities turn away, they attack. Anson swings his long sword, slicing into a hind leg. Mig bites at the leg and feels her teeth tear flesh. Anson also attacks the rider, finding a seam in the armor and jabbing deep.

Mingo takes a 5-ft step backwards, still fearing for Anson and Mig and now worrying about Gnurl, continues to ignore the bad guy next to her and slings three skiprocks at the dire wolf, all three hitting. The three skiprocks bounce off in random directions.

Anson mutters to himself, casting a spell.

[sblock=OOC and rolls]
Anson's LS AoO last round: 25
LS AoO (1d20+14=25)
Damage: 9 LS dam on DW (1d8+6=9)

Mig's AoO bite last round: 18Mig bite AoO (1d20+6=18)
damage: 6 Mig bite (1d6+4=6)

Anson's AoO on the rider, using Combat Reflexes: 31
AoO on rider (1d20+14=31)
Damage: 14 LS dam on rider (1d8+6=14)

Mig again defends Anson: 21 (so +3 to Anson's AC)
aid another (Anson AC) (1d20+6=21)

Mingo again activates her amulet to give +4 AC v. AoO.

Mingo will take AoO from all three foes at AC 30.

Mingo moves to H11 and slings three skiprocks at the wolf: 25, 20, 21
SR atks on DW (1d20+14=25, 1d20+14=20, 1d20+9=21)

Damage for each hit: 9+14+11=34
SR damage (1d6+4+1d6=9, 1d6+4+1d6=14, 1d6+4+1d6=11)

Skip attacks on Rider: all three miss
Skip atks on rider (1d20+12=19, 1d20+12=18, 1d20+7=17)

Mingo has used 2 activations of her amulet.

Anson casts Barkskon on himself, giving him +2 AC natural armor
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Round 5

Finn 23
H'Roosh 23
Mig 16
Mingo 15
Gnurl 13
Radoon 12
Geoffrey 11
Scribe 10
Anson 7
Barghests 6
Balmal 4

As Anson and Mig see the monstrosities turn away, they attack. Anson swings his long sword, slicing into a hind leg. Mig bites at the leg and feels her teeth tear flesh. Anson also attacks the rider, finding a seam in the armor and jabbing deep.

The Saint's bust swings around again and once more clangs off the big Goblinoid's armor. Again there is a shower of sparks.

Free at last!

H'Roosh springs into action, moving swiftly around and over the bodies of the fallen to launch an attack against the Great Wolf. As he ends his tumbling approach, he strikes out with a fist and connects solidly. As his hand impacts the wolf, a spark jumps out and an enormous clap of thunder rocks the small tower. The wolf howls in pain and looks unsteady on his feet.

The tenacious dog again defends her master.

Mingo takes a 5-ft step backwards, still fearing for Anson and Mig and now worrying about Gnurl, continues to ignore the bad guy next to her and slings three skiprocks at the dire wolf. Leaving herself open to attacks from all three foes, Mingo is fortunate that her magic is strong. Somehow all the attacks directed at her miss. At the same time all three skiprocks hit the dire wolf before bouncing off in random directions. Even before the last one hits it is clear the wolf is done for. His legs fold and the great Goblinoid is still sitting on the saddle of the fallen beast.

Gnurl backs cautiously from the foe who hit him. As he does so, he withraws a potion of Cure Serious Wounds, which he hurriedly imbibes. As much as he desires to call for his mama, Gnurl remains as quiet as a mouse, and hopes that the foul odor of the deceased barghest will mask his scent from the "wolf's" senses.

Radoon throws another barrage of daggers (2 followed by 2 more) at the rider. His motions are so fluid it nearly looks like a well rehearsed dance. The first proves to be a shot only a master thrower would be able to pull off and hits the rider solidly in his right shoulder.

Geoffrey move to engage the big bad with his mace and misses both times.

Anson mutters to himself, casting a spell.

The Barghest attacks (1d20+14=22, 1d20+9,1d20+9=[9, 9], [3, 9]) Mingo again without success. The goblinoid swings his blade (1d20+22=29, 1d20+17=20, 1d20+12=15) in a great arc at Mingo, Geoffrey and H'Roosh and finally Mingo's luck fails as she is hit (3d8+8+2d6=25). The blade misses its other targets and the huge warrior slips from the saddle to stand before you.

Balmal rises and casts another spell at the Goblinoid's back, but whatever effect he hoped for failed to affect the foe.

Actions for round 6?

OOC: AoO (1d20+14=23)
AoO (1d20+16=29)
AoO (1d20+22=29)

Attachments

• Balmals_studyr4.xls
    29.5 KB · Views: 60

Lou

Explorer
Mingo Frasse (HP -8 /81 AC26) Anson (HP 1 /72 AC23) Mig (HP20/35 AC19)

OOC: Scotley--Did you roll a DC15 soft fall from his dead mount for the big bad? ;) I had wanted to see him fall on his face as we cut his mount out from under him. *chuckle* Oh well....

As the sword from the big bad slices into Mingo, she screams, "Ahhhhhhhh!!" and crumples to the ground as the dark magic from the sword takes her consciousness.

Mig tenses as she hears Mingo's cry and looks up at Anson for instructions. Anson hesitates, knowing that he is almost spent from the battle himself. Anson knows that Mingo kept attacking when his back was against the wall, so he tells Mig, "Let's go!" and moves counterclockwise around the room to aid Mingo.

[sblock=OOC and rolls]
Does the healing belt automatically stablize the wearer? I don't have my MIC at hand.

Mingo stability roll (looking for 10% or less) failed, so Mingo drops to -9 HP this round
stability check (10% or lower) (1d100=58)

Scotley-Feel free to change Anson's move to healing himself with his wand if Anson thinks moving back towards combat is too risky at this point. A double move should get Anson and Mig to E11 or so, at least, this round, without an AoO being made on them.
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Lou said:
OOC: Scotley--Did you roll a DC15 soft fall from his dead mount for the big bad? ;) I had wanted to see him fall on his face as we cut his mount out from under him. *chuckle* Oh well....

As the sword from the big bad slices into Mingo, she screams, "Ahhhhhhhh!!" and crumples to the ground as the dark magic from the sword takes her consciousness.

Mig tenses as she hears Mingo's cry and looks up at Anson for instructions. Anson hesitates, knowing that he is almost spent from the battle himself. Anson knows that Mingo kept attacking when his back was against the wall, so he tells Mig, "Let's go!" and moves counterclockwise around the room to aid Mingo.

[sblock=OOC and rolls]
Does the healing belt automatically stablize the wearer? I don't have my MIC at hand.

Mingo stability roll (looking for 10% or less) failed, so Mingo drops to -9 HP this round
stability check (10% or lower) (1d100=58)

Scotley-Feel free to change Anson's move to healing himself with his wand if Anson thinks moving back towards combat is too risky at this point. A double move should get Anson and Mig to E11 or so, at least, this round, without an AoO being made on them.
[/sblock]

OOC: I didn't actually roll since his ride skill is in excess of 15 and he has a masterwork military style saddle, but I guess he could roll a 1 so here's his attempt: Ride Check (1d20+21=31) Safe on the ground. The belt requires conscious action to work, so will not stabilize Mingo.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh the Pugilist

Mowgli said:
[sblock=Combat Rolls]Moving as follows: D10, E11, F11, G11, H10.[/sblock]

[sblock=For Scotley]H'Roosh should be in H10, leaving him in position to attack the 'Former Rider.'[/sblock]

H'Roosh again attacks with fist and feet, but his flurry of blows is only partly effective against the huge Barghest and he lands only one right hook.

[sblock=Combat Rolls]To Hit: 1d20+12=22

Damage: 2d6+4=15[/sblock]

Remove ads