• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Scotley said:
OOC: This is the dagger that has the frost property Radoon picked up at the Masque.

"I sense that the focus of this blade is cold rather than necromany, but it seems to be a natural northerly cold rather than some extra-planer force of demonic origin. I have seen some truely frightening weapons made of metals from the lower planes. Things no mortal on this plane who values his soul would handle." He pauses remembering himself. "I believe the wee priestess asked about the other time I encounter the work of Tyrroth. I was in the Shield Lands during the height of the plague. A terrible time. Anyway, with such horror going on all around you would think that people would turn to heaven. However, there was a cult there that tried to embrace the chaos and madness of the time..."

OOC: Listen checks for everyone please.

"Do you know anything more of this cult that you could tell us?"

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Finn sips at the wine, grimacing slightly at the sour taste. He quietly moves toward a table next to the wall, pretending to set the goblet down on the table. He will slip the goblet unobtrusively into the pouch he received from Marin. He will also bend towards the wall, trying to better hear the sound he heard.

Lou

Explorer
Mingo Frasse and Anson and Mig

Mingo listens intently to the old man's story, wondering a cult based on Tyrroth, cold and chaos...

Anson ignores the old man and moves slowly towards a wall at an angle to Finn, trying to isolate the scratching sound he hears. Anson wanted to move sliently, but scuffed his boots as he walked. Anson again tilts his head to listen as he nears the wall.

Mig watches Anson move away from her but sits still, wondering what her master is doing, Are we leaving?

[sblock=OOC and rolls]
Anson will attempt to move silently towards the wall (12) and also make another listen check (26):

MS / Listen sk chks (1d20+5=12, 1d20+7=26)

[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The old man sort of stumbles in his story noting finally that some of his guests seem to be distracted. Radoon's comment gets him going again however. "Oh, um yes the ah cult, now where was I? Um the plague years that was it. Well the cult was into human sacrifice..." He continues to speak as Anson and Finn begin moving about the walls.

[sblock=Finn and Anson]You are certain now there is more than one set of scratching noises, but it is unclear if the noise is inside the stone wall of the keep or outside. There are some windows behind the heavy draps.[/sblock]

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Doubts beginning to plague him, Finn politely interrupts, " My most sincere pardons, Lord Balmal, but does anyone else hear this scratching noise? It makes me think of a cat or dog, scratching at a door, wanting to be let inside from out in the rain. With stone walls, it is not a sound I would think we should be hearing in this room." He unobtrusively readies a pistol and his rapier.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling, Gnome Illusionist 10

Gnurl casts See Invisibility and looks around the room, both where the noise is coming from, and all around, just to be sure.

Lou

Explorer
Mingo Frasse & Anson & Mig

Mingo now notices that Finn and Anson are occupied by more than just the conversation. "We have been told that while on our current mission we will attract the attention of evil more than before. Our visit may bring evil to your door..."

Drawing his long sword, Anson moves to the curtains and pulls them aside to look out. "That scratching reminds me of really big rats."

Mig moves towards Anson as he draws the sword.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads