• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp76/76,AC23,ActvSpells:GtMagArm,SeeInvis

Lou said:
Mingo is in the chair at I9 or another chair, perhaps sharing with Gnurl. There don't seem to be enough chairs for all the characters.
[sblock=FYI]Gnurl is NOT sharing a chair with Mingo, or anybody else, for that matter![/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
SirCaith said:
Initiative (1d20 7=23)

Seeing his friends drawing weapons, Finn goes ahead and draws the pistol, before grabbing one side of the curtains opposite Anson. "On three, all right? One... two..."

OOC: BTW, is anyone besides me having problems with EnWorld sending them their weekly updates? I haven't gotten anything from them since May 6th. Also, I can't change my thread viewing options from the thread defaults. I used to view threads at 50 posts per page, now all I get is 15. Makes it a lot harder to track down a post as I have to go through more pages. /OOC

OOC: I've heard the weekly updates are hit and miss. The thread options have been fixed at 15, which is indeed very annoying, but it does seem to have helped the performance of the boards, which is the reason it was done. Don't forget I need your AC, HP and spells or psi powers currently active.

J. Alexander

First Post
Off to Consult

Finally rousing himself from his thoughts Geoffrey comments "Well best be prepared in case unwelcome guests are calling" as he readies his mace.

Initative 11

Scotley

Hero
Finn 23
H'Roosh 23
Mig 16
Mingo 15
Gnurl 13
Radoon 12
Geoffrey 11
Anson 7
Bad Guys 6

[sblock=Geoffrey]You didn't pick a spot, so I put you in the chair opposite the desk, feel free to tell me Geoffrey is elsewhere. [/sblock]

Seeing his friends drawing weapons, Finn goes ahead and draws the pistol, before grabbing one side of the curtains opposite Anson. "On three, all right? One... two...three" Finn pulls the curtain back and a large inhuman face is in the window. Suddenly it vanishes and there is a sudden feeling of pressure as numerious creatures appear in the room at virtually the same time.

The large creatures seem to have goblinoid faces and hands, but are otherwise more lupine in nature. The exception is the huge goblinoid wielding a massive bastard sword from the back of an enoumous dire wolf. He looks like a bugbear grown to giant size. The wolf is the size of an elephant. The big guys head is inches from the 20' ceiling in the room. One of the ones facing H'Roosh (3) has a large shield and a wickedly spiked morning star. The one near the fireplace has a bow and wears a buckler.

The young scribe scrambles up a ladder that leans against one of the towering book shelves while the Balmal ducks behind his desk and looks aprasingly at the newcomers. The creatures prepare to attack you.

OOC: Most of the bad guys are AC 18, except the big guy who is AC30, three who is AC 20 while six is AC 19. Those of you who wish can make any or all of the following skill checks--Knowledge the planes, Knowledge Religion, Knowledge Arcane and Spellcraft. Please post AC, spells/psi powers active and current hp in your next post. You have initiative, actions?

Attachments

• Balmals study.xls
    38.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

OOC: Finn had brush activated an Inertial Armor tattoo just before he began counting, bringing his AC to 20. He is at full health (43 HP) but has spent 10 power points during the day (31 PP). The pistol is one loaded with an Alchemical Silver ball. /OOC

Finn shoots (1d20+9=22) the closest opponent in response to their sudden appearance. (Damage , plus add whatever effect silver will have on these things) (1d6 1=4) He drops the pistol and spends his second action drawing his rapier.

Scotley

Hero
SirCaith said:
OOC: Finn had brush activated an Inertial Armor tattoo just before he began counting, bringing his AC to 20. He is at full health (43 HP) but has spent 10 power points during the day (31 PP). The pistol is one loaded with an Alchemical Silver ball. /OOC

Finn shoots (1d20+9=22) the closest opponent in response to their sudden appearance. (Damage , plus add whatever effect silver will have on these things) (1d6 1=4) He drops the pistol and spends his second action drawing his rapier.

OOC: There is now a map above. Sorry for the delay. Is the pistol magical?

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon AC-17 HP-62

Radoon launches 2daggers at the creature nearest him, #1 and then reaches behind his back to his new pack and quickly pulls two more and launches them quickly on the heels of the first two.

2 primary throws (1d20 12=31, 1d20 12=23)

crit check

crit check (1d20 12=20)

secondary attacks (1d20 7=18, 1d20 7=21)

damage=

shocking/returning dagger:
damage from electrical dagger (1d4 6=10)

shocking damage (1d6=4)

x2for crit=28

Morwyn's dagger:

Morwyn's icy dagger (1d4 6=10)

cold damage (1d6=6)

=16

3rd dagger just misses due to the curse

4th dagger:

1 dagger from shaman (1d4 6=10)

=10

Total damage= 54 - YEEE HAAAWWWWW!!!

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp76/76,AC23,ActvSpells:GtMagArm,SeeInvis

Gnurl's skill checks: Know.(Planes)=27, Know.(Arcana)=21, Spellcraft=27 (general), 31 (illusion), 22 (Enchanment/Necromancy)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1611296/

Gnurl immediately casts Force Missiles on the creature adjacent to him, #5. Two sparkling bolts of blue magic, like giant magic missiles, streak from Gnurl's hand and unerringly strike creature #5. When they hit the creature, the bolts burst into jagged shards of magical energy, and the shards pierce the Great Wolf and its rider.

[sblock=Gnurl's Spell]Gnurl's action is to cast Force Missiles (4th level spell) targeted on #5. Caster Level check, in case Resistance to Magic is present: 21 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1611309/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1611309/
Spell Damage: 10 (5 hp damage to wolf and rider):( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1611315/
Concentration check if needed:39 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1611324/ [/sblock]

OOPS, curse not taken into account of any of these rolls!

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Mingo Frasse (HP81/81 AC26) Anson (HP72/72 AC20) Mig (HP35/35 AC19)

Mig moves 5 ft to H5 and attacks foe #2 to aid Anson in his attack. Mingo draws her warsling and a skiprock and hits only the ceiling near the rider. Anson takes his long sword in both hands and slices deep into the arm of foe #2

[sblock=OOC and rolls]
Mingo Kn(rel)=19; Kn(arcana)=12; Spellcradt=16
Kn(rel); Kn(arcana); Spellcraft (1d20+6=19, 1d20+6=12, 1d20+8=16)

Mingo Spells in Effect: None

[sblock=Mingo's spells]
Mingo's Spells
(5+0+0) 0 Level: Create Water; Guidance (x2)(1m); Mending; Read Magic
(3+1+1) 1 Level: Bless (5m); PFE(5m); Magic Weapon(5m); PFE(5m) + Longstrider(5h)
(2+1+1) 2 Level: Lesser Restoration; Spiritual Weapon(5r); Spiritual Weapon(5r) + Locate Object
(1+1+1) 3 Level: Prayer(5r); Spark of Life(5r); Ghost Touch Weapon (5m) + Water Breathing
[/sblock]

Anson Kn (nature) (1d20+9=29) Anson looks over the creatures to see if any are natural or if all are supernatural/non-natural?

Anson has no spells in effect at this time.

[sblock=Anson's spells]
1st-Level Ranger Spells
• Magic Fang: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1 on attack and damage rolls.
• Resist Energy: Ignores 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
2nd-level Ranger Spell
• Barkskin: +2 enchanement to natural armor (10min/lvl)
[/sblock]

Mig makes a 5 ft move to H5 and attacks foe #2 in aiding another for Anson. atk aid anther for Anson (1d20+6=12) Mig's amulet gives Anson a +3 to hit this round.

Mingo draws her sling and slings a skiprock at the rider in front of her. [move action + attack is all she can do, I think] She misses atk on rider (1d20+15=17)

Anson attacks foe#2 with his long sword in both hands, Power Attack 3, so +14/+9 to hit (offsets Mig's aid another)
atk on foe32 PA3 (1d20+14=30, 1d20+9=12)
damage from 1st hit: 19 damage on foe3 (1d8+13=19)

[/sblock]

New OOC: The post did not take the -1 from the curse into account, so lower the numbers by one.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh (AC: 22; HP: 72)

In spite of the warning given by his companions actions, H'Roosh appears somewhat startled by the sudden appearance of the monstrous creatures and confused as to their origins. He recovers himself enough to deliver a flurry of blows at the morning star wielding bad guy, but his lack of surety in the face of the sudden attack hampers his aim.

[sblock=Die Rolls]Knowledge (Arcana) Check: 1d20+4=14

To Hit: 1d20+12=19
To Hit: 1d20+12=14
To Hit: 1d20+7=14
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads