• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

J. Alexander

First Post
Geoffrey
Hit Points 92 AC:23

Seeing the creatures before him and realizing he has a few moments before enganging in combat Geoffrey steps close to H'roosh and says a prayer and then reaches out to touch him. With the completion of the spell Geoffrey readies his mace and prepares to engage in melee.

For DM and H'Roosh
[sblock]Geoffrey casts Bull's Strenght on H'Roosh, +4 to strength for 10 minutes[/sblock]

Knowledge Religon 22

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Scott,

Sorry, forgot about the curse, I forgot, I am sure Radoon would not, anyway, I edited my last post to include 1 miss and less damage.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh

[sblock=OOC]Feel free to deduct one from each of the posted rolls, thus widening the margin of misses for H'Roosh even further. He'll still know nothing, hit nothing, etc. :D [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Round 1

Finn reacts first and shoots (1d20+9=22) the closest opponent in response to their sudden appearance. (1d6 1=4) He drops the pistol and spends his second action drawing his rapier. While the creature flinches from the shot and bleeds it there does not seem to have any special effect from the silver.

In spite of the warning given by his companions actions, H'Roosh appears somewhat startled by the sudden appearance of the monstrous creatures and confused as to their origins. He recovers himself enough to deliver a flurry of blows at the morning star wielding bad guy, but his lack of surety in the face of the sudden attack hampers his aim.

Mig moves to aid her master. Mingo draws her warsling and a skiprock and hits only the ceiling near the rider. Her attack give mount and rider an opening to attack her. (Attacks of Opportunity (1d20+22=32, 1d20+15=16) ) The Huge bastard sword cuts (3d8+8+2d6=24) into her small body and she feels the unholy magic of the weapon.

Gnurl immediately casts Force Missiles on the creature adjacent to him. Two sparkling bolts of blue magic, like giant magic missiles, streak from Gnurl's hand and unerringly strike the creature. When they hit the creature, the bolts burst into jagged shards of magical energy, and the shards pierce the Great Wolf and its rider.

Throwing daggers at such close range opens Radoon to the foe's bite (1d20+12=25), and the long teeth (1d8+6=7) sink into his left arm. Radoon launches 2daggers at the creature nearest him, and then reaches behind his back to his new pack and quickly pulls two more and launches them quickly on the heels of the first two. The creature looks badly wounded and can barely stay on its feet after the barrage of daggers.

Seeing the creatures before him and realizing he has a few moments before enganging in combat Geoffrey steps close to H'roosh and says a prayer and then reaches out to touch him. With the completion of the spell Geoffrey readies his mace and prepares to engage in melee.

Anson takes his long sword in both hands and slices deep into the arm of a foe.

The creatures begin to attack with bites and claws (1d20+12=29, 1d20+7=18, 1d20+7=18, 1d20+12=19, 1d20+7=13, 1d20+7=24, 1d20+12=30, 1d20+7=18, 1d20+7=24, 1d20+12=17, 1d20+7=12, 1d20+7=22). The first, perhaps motivated by his near fatal wounds racks up three hits (1d8+6=10, 1d6+3=4, 1d6+3=5) on Radoon. The second manages to get a claw (1d6+3=6) into Finn. The third (actually #4 for those of you keeping score at home) finds gaps in Geoffrey's armor and wounds him with both teeth and claws (1d8+6=10, 1d6+3=6). The fouth just misses pentrating Gnurls magical barriers. The Morning Star armed creature aims a couple of blows (1d20+14=34, 1d20+9=11) at H'Roosh one of which proves to be a particularly skillful and powerful blow (4d6+16=29). As this blow strikes H'Roosh feels two magical effects released, the first causes his limbs to feel heavy and slowed (DC15 will save) and the other inflicts additional wounds (3d8+6=20) on his body. The great dire wolf thunders into motion overruning the pitifully small form of Mingo. As she is knocked prone the wolf's claws just miss crushing her and instead the chair she had been sitting in is smashed to spinters. The beast continues forward destroying Geoffrey's recently vacated chair and then they rumble over Mig and she is knocked prone and trod painfully under the huge beasts claws (1d20+12=31) (damage (1d8+7=15)). The rider attacks (1d20+22=23, 1d20+17=30, 1d20+12=29) turning his sword on Finn once and then Anson twice and hitting each time ( damage (3d8+8+2d6=31, 3d8+8+2d6=30, 3d8+8+2d6=31)). Finally, the Archer makes his attack (1d20+10=20, 1d20+10=19, 1d20+5=11). The first two shafts pass harmlessly over Mingo's prone form while the final arrow passes over Balmal and Radoon to strike the ladder on which the scribe perches.

Balmal shouts up at the young scribe. "Make yourself useful boy, toss me the purple volume at your left knee. Yes, that's a good lad...oh bloody hell boy, I know it is a precious ancient tome of great value, toss it!." Conjuring a ball of light, the older man begins to flip pages under his desk as the battle rages.

OOC: crit check (1d20+14=28) vs. H'Roosh
Dex check at -4 rolled by the DM (1d20=10) for Mingo
str. check (1d20+16=23) for Huge Dire Wolf
Str. Check for Mig rolled by the DM (1d20+7=22)
Str. check 2 (1d20+16=36)

OOC: Okay, that's it for round 1, actions for round 2?

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

OOC - Scott, did these guys jut appear? If so wouldn't we get attacks of opportunity? It does not seem quite right that they get one on Radoon when he did not close.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: They did just appear. The attack of opportunity comes when you use missile attacks at melee range. They actually used their dimintion door power to literally appear right next to you from outside the tower. I realized that I missed such an opportunity with Geoffrey as well. But since the round isn't actually over yet I'll deal with that now, and then go back and roll their regular attacks.

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Geoffrey]You'll either need to make a concentration check to cast on the defensive as Gnurl did or risk two attacks of opportunity as you cast the spell in range of two foes. The knowledge religion roll lets you know that these creatures are under the effects of a prayer spell. You'd normally suffer penalties from this, but it seems that the effect can't add anything to the curse you are already under. How's that for a silver lining? This also suggests that one of these things is a divine caster or that there is someone else about.[/sblock]

Remove ads