Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Scotley

Hero
The man takes the proffered water and drinks slowly.

Gnurl notices a foul smell beyond the grave smell around the man. A rank sewer kind of odor, but can't be sure of the source.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling, Gnome Wizard at Small

Gnurl watches the man very closely as he drinks, to be certain that he is actually drinking the water, and not just letting it dribble down his chin or something. He says, when the man pauses between drinks, "Tell me, sir, from whence do you hail, and for how long have you been a prisoner of the gargoyles?"

As soon as he gets a chance, surreptitiously and very quietly, where he's sure that the man can't hear, he says to H'Roosh, "Let us be somewhat wary of this fellow. Have you noted the smell of death that hangs about him?"

Scotley

Hero
He definitely drinks most of the water though he does spill a little. He returns the canteen with a nod of thanks. He blinks considering his answer. "I stowed away on the Bladewake and I've been in the Border Islands ah, em, a few days." It seems clear the fellow has lost track of time. "I was getting information and trying to contact some people I thought might oppose the Sea Sorcerer, when his minons, those Gargolyes, caught up with me. I've only be their prisoner a short while. I guess they were taking me to him."

Leif

Adventurer

Gnurl makes a careful mental note of the direction that the departing gargoyles were headed. "The Sea Sorcerer you say? So, presumably, following the gargoyles will lead us to him, you think?"

Leif

Adventurer

"Can you tell us where, exactly, or perhaps show us? If he is not with the gargoyles, then chasing them might be a colossal waste of our time and resources."

Lou

Explorer
He definitely drinks most of the water though he does spill a little. He returns the canteen with a nod of thanks. He blinks considering his answer. "I stowed away on the Bladewake and I've been in the Border Islands ah, em, a few days." It seems clear the fellow has lost track of time. "I was getting information and trying to contact some people I thought might oppose the Sea Sorcerer, when his minons, those Gargolyes, caught up with me. I've only be their prisoner a short while. I guess they were taking me to him."

"My name is Zurrik. What's your name? What information were you getting, and who were you trying to contact? Because we will be destroying the Sea Sorcerer shortly. Any information would be appreciated."

mleibrock

First Post
Clarification

Gnurl watches the man very closely as he drinks, to be certain that he is actually drinking the water, and not just letting it dribble down his chin or something. He says, when the man pauses between drinks, "Tell me, sir, from whence do you hail, and for how long have you been a prisoner of the gargoyles?"

As soon as he gets a chance, surreptitiously and very quietly, where he's sure that the man can't hear, he says to H'Roosh, "Let us be somewhat wary of this fellow. Have you noted the smell of death that hangs about him?"

OOC - Scott, just to be clear...is the smell of death the same as it was for us before we had our scent and sores magically covered up?

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

"My name is Zurrik. What's your name? What information were you getting, and who were you trying to contact? Because we will be destroying the Sea Sorcerer shortly. Any information would be appreciated."

Radoon, just about to speak to the man, quiets when Zurrik speaks up and asks the questions the old man was going to ask?

Remove ads