• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Isle of Dread

machineelf

Explorer
If you can, I might recommend holding off a couple months until the next Wizards adventure is announced.

I mean, the next adventure could be anything, but perhaps there's a chance that it's an Isle of Dread rework.

I'm super excited to hear what it is. Personally I hope it's a Tomb of Horrors adaption with a broader adventure background. Something like the tomb being untouched for centuries in an distant, thick jungle continent, where you have to travel and face all kinds of other adventures and encounters before you even get to the deadly tomb. Please, Wizards, make it happen.

Fildrigar

Explorer
If you can, I might recommend holding off a couple months until the next Wizards adventure is announced.

I mean, the next adventure could be anything, but perhaps there's a chance that it's an Isle of Dread rework.

I'm super excited to hear what it is. Personally I hope it's a Tomb of Horrors adaption with a broader adventure background. Something like the tomb being untouched for centuries in an distant, thick jungle continent, where you have to travel and face all kinds of other adventures and encounters before you even get to the deadly tomb. Please, Wizards, make it happen.

Huh. Yeah, it could be either one of these. Who can tell?

tuxgeo

Adventurer
A google search provides a PDF download for the play test version. No idea if it's legal or safe.

The version that I downloaded during the playtest is still saved on my harddrive. I gave the file a name reflecting the date of the download; that date was 29th October, 2012. If you find a copy on the Internet that comes from the end of October, 2012, it might well be the same version.

The title page says:

Dungeon Adventure X1
The Isle of Dread

by David Cook and Tom Moldvay
Revision by Chris Sims, Bruce R. Cordell, Robert J. Schwalb, and Matt Sernett
Revision developed by Chris Sims and Jennifer Clarke-Wilkes

An Adventure for Character Levels 3–7

Remove ads