• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ISRP Chat Moving Off Wizards' Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagetim

First Post
perhaps if they had made the chat community more recognizable for what it is, this problem could have been averted. seeing as that is not the case, I think I will back up da_nah

I spent: *drumroll* 500$ on gaming this year....and you have to take into account that I don't have a job. thus my entire effective income is spent on gaming. take this into account hasboro, you have just lost 2500$ minimum, for the next 60 some odd years. what does this equate to? oh lets see now....
150000$ that you will never see. that is just from two people. consider the amount that you will never have due to this decision, is it really worth it? I wouldnt think so....
even if we only bought games for the next ten years (amounting to 25,000$), we would have children by then, and we would keep those children from your voracious greed. so I say unto thee, good job, you've lost not only loyal customers, but your best source of income, thier children.

W

WizO_Adele

Guys, please. It is very unfair to keep talking about ichat as if it was a reasonable business option. From everything I see on the administrative end (issues and troubles, and so forth) and from my knowledge of the support ichat was able to give for our version in the future (mind you we do not have the most recent one), it was not a lucrative business decision. We simply could not stay with ichat. Financially speaking there was more bang to be had out of a new chat software, one that could be compatible with the boards. Our version of ichat is dying. And for the money spent repairing it, or upgrading or paying for additional support by any means, we could purchase something newer. That decision was made and had to be made. Even I cannot argue that.

As for returning software, there is generally a time period to do so. That time period was long exceeded by circumstances outside of Melanie's hands.

Now if you want to argue that there were better replacement options that is fine. However, that decision is already past and can't be undone.

If you want to argue over ways we could have made the new software compatible with our needs while not being extremely cost intensive, then that would be a more worthwhile endeavor.

Quite frankly, further arguments of how this is the death of ISRP only concretes the decision that was made, to those that made them. Wizards made a decision on software that could not be altered, and only has so much of a budget to spend on implementation. Our job was to make the most of it. And I personally think we could have.

If anyone still wants to argue, please trust me, there are much more productive things that could be discussed at this point in time, and they'd do a lot more towards saving or enjoying any bit of community we have left.

A

amastacia_ninelives

*sighs softly*

in a way this isnt a shock to me either but id like to say this i am a die hard D&D fan ive been playing for 18 yrs and DMing for about 11 yrs so no matter where it moves to ill follow and as others have said i am willing to help out the best i can...........ive got nearly 40 characters on here for christs sakes...........here in Sept itll be a year since ive come onsite and right now i get on for an hour during the daytime hours then most of the time i spend anywhere from 6 to 8 hours onsite at nightime............

i do hate to see ISRP move because ive gotten in a routine of where to go for RP and whatnot............ive met alot of cool people through here that have helped me out alot with tips when i first came onsite plus also when i was going through a few personal problems.............yea i know my characters get into alot of drama but hey if you cant have some fun with plot twists whats the point in RPing freeform?

i guess what im trying to say is coming on here has helped me out alot by introducing me to alot of new friends and also helped me out when i was feeling frustrated and felt like punching something because then i could just have one of my characters get into a fight and usually by the end of the fight or spar id be laughing at some of my goofy mistakes.............Wotc im begging you not only for me but for quite a few others that may either do not know about this change or just dont have the guts to say it............please keep ISRP where its at.........i mean come on man things arent going that bad. in the daytime yea it gets boring but normally at night it picks up..........

well i guess ill close this by saying one simple thing: Live hard, Live free, always follow your dreams whatever they may be

*sigh* alright, alright. I admit, you guys tried hard and you weren't trying to screw me over, and Wizards didn't exactly have a million options on this. I still feel betrayed, and I still feel they could have done things different, but this conversation is long over, that horse is dead and has been flogged plenty of times. There's little need or point in expressing our dissapointment anymore.

With that said, I've had a great time at ISRP and had a fun time interacting with other characters. I enjoyed it to the last minute and I'm grateful for the times I've had here.

On that note, let's all start making the transition, and let's make sure everyone knows what's going on and makes the transition. Here is the new forum on which we'll be discussing the new chat and all.

R

Rajak2.0

i gotta say, in the time i played on the site, its been really fun and thanks for making the experience wonderful and memorable. I also began on the site in me wee teens and made contact with all sorts of odd and interesting characters (-cough-, i mean players). Its sad seeing the ISRP go, but hopefully in the future, it might return.

In any case, thanks for the fishes.

- Jon

Darkmoor

First Post
Ugh...

:blink: :uh-huh: :doh: :rant: :tantrum: :headexplo :banghead:

*Facepaw* *GROAN* *SIGH*

Yeah that pretty much sums it up, heh...

gillette

First Post
Thanks!

Rajak2.0 said:
i gotta say, in the time i played on the site, its been really fun and thanks for making the experience wonderful and memorable. I also began on the site in me wee teens and made contact with all sorts of odd and interesting characters (-cough-, i mean players).

Thanks Rajak--

For giving Gill the opportunity to pour honey over Jax's head--the event that really kick started their relationship. Thanks for the souvenir towel (Gill still has it) and the soul-risking riddles. Thanks for the innuendo that nearly got us both in trouble more times than I can count and thanks for the Truth or Dare games.

Aww, hell-- *big, gushy hug*

Q

Qijdi_Goldwing

Ya know... Figg Hasbro I say... Just Figg them I say! Save for the few honorable peeps who have made other efforts outside to preserve the situation... For them... I cannot express enough gratitude..... The WOTC peeps... * witholds names to be polite * have as of long ago showed us they don't care anymore about their customer base.. And as to that...... the fact that telling one person makes 4 or more who will know.. I, myself know a fair allotment of people off site and then some, and am more than willing to brodcast information...

Let me RAVE about a few peeps for a moment... WOO HOOOOO OOOOOO! WAY TO GO RAVEN!!!!! This Old Gold's heart and fundamentum sings with joy for your taking of the gauntlet, I will tell EVERYONE.Our Beloved iChat. Our Beloved ISRP... So What if the peeps at WoTC can't be bothered to support fans of the system any longer we have always known about certian peeps innane ability towards pulcritudinous flacciture and expected the bite in the posterium.. I know your Die-Hard style and am gratefull to have the factarum realized in the light of truth and wisdom.... Unlike some people.. Just tell us of the server link and cheeta will connect..... Bye Bye Hasbro... Personally... I am glad a large, and faceless corporation like Hasbro will no longer have the venue.. AOL originally hosted it in the first place when they hiked off with therewith. * plays in repeat.. Ravi's Gujarati Garba and lives in the moment of one of the sacred parades for a bit - the flayme dances as elephants with shrines parade with satisfaction and peace... enhanced by billions of lotus and mogra flowers..... * I say SHANTIHI!!!!!!!!

* pounds the tabla in syncronious comment *

Om! Ssaha naa vaavatu.... Saha nau bhunaktu....

Saha viiryan karavaavahai...

Tejasvi naa vadhiitamastu maa vidvishaavahai

Om! shantih shantih shantihi É!!!

Translation:

May He protect us both (teacher and the taught)!

May He cause us both to enjoy the bliss of Mukti (liberation)!

May we both exert to discover the true meaning of the sacred scriptures!

May our studies be fruitful!

May we never quarrel with each other!

Let there be threefold peace!!!!.....

Om!... Peace..... Peace..... Peace!.......

* The Mantra Ends - with satisfaction thusfar *

There are plenty of stones in the river.... I say be gone with the host and move on... Hasbro will not be missed in time. Others have arrived... All things MUST and always do.............. change..... I am priveldged to have found the service in the earliest days.... It has seen me well through much pain and suffering and joy. I will continue to host and procure the groups of friends and contacts for your efforts Raven... BAHAMÜT BLESS AND YOU AND GRANT FULL ACCESS TO THE WAY AS IT DIVERGES IN A YELLOW WOOD TO THE PATH NOT TAKEN.... Goldy will remain as a force of peace and alignment for the new ISRP.

Bless You Bless You Bless You Bless You and let's go for it...

My first reactions in post were correct as always it seems.....HAH!!!

Furthermore... Adele..... Thanks for all the fish... Your efforts have not gone unnoticed and still retain in good standing with many of we I trust... the gauntlet has been procured by another with great hopes from others.. still... the sentiment is well received... I did vote, though already noting no change in the timelines with several threads cut therefrom with immediancy and finallity.... We shall place our faith and hope and help with those who have shown courage to take up the bountiful place that is our home online...... Hasbro has made their point clear enough... It is my personal gratitude expressed in the granting of rights to the software for the above mentioned and I love the black and gold of the new boards.... Very nice choice and super easy to read... I will sign forthwith.... I hope to see many of we there.... WizO's included..... As for the suprise Adele??? you should have always expected the possibility.....

As to those who don't think we spend money to keep something like Wizzies alive??? HAH!!! Think of Da_Nah's post and mine beginning ones... Much less the NEVerending products we buy to line their pockets, it is a HUGE industry.... and we are not ignorant of the tides, unlike some of the MELting minds in control.. * makes note of the mean value thus far posed of 7K per year reported by some others so far *

One nice thing about Wiz is the clean environment - please keep it so as it is attractive to many peeps not otherwise available.. I mean really... whowants to go somewhere and have their character immediately turned to a side not intended or where a flagrant verbiage or lifestyle is totally allowed and promiscous.....not many of the whole.

Anyway... Off to new venues and down with hasbro's hosting of the site... It will still be around thanks to the efforts of people who pose their will and resources to care like WizO Raven... I know we havent' spoken IC or OOC for years, yet I have always known of you to be one of the few in decent standing... This proves it....

Bless You Raven for doing it....

And Thanks to Hasbro for doing the only right thing so far... Letting the software change hands and providing what support they have.

And Raven.... If there is need... I have a copy of the MSJava installer to take care of the XPSP2 issue that I am more than happy to send to you for the new site should it become necessary... Found it deep within the web...kind of a speciality that....

I.....personally will never forget the hailstorm of cashews that half buried Raj that lone night....... heh... So much fun... And that is only one of ohhhhhh so many memories..... Keep it up Raven... we need you and your helpers...

p.s. Thanks Nevine for the link...

Qij

D

Da_Nah

I broke up your post into points so that I can easily respond to them. If I changed meaning by my breaks it was not intentional.
WizO_Adele said:
Guys, please. It is very unfair to keep talking about ichat as if it was a reasonable business option.
Some may have but I have never argued that Ichat was viable in any way shape or form. I'm fine with dropping it, it is not particularly good software.

WizO_Adele said:
As for returning software, there is generally a time period to do so. That time period was long exceeded by circumstances outside of Melanie's hands.
When the software was announced long ago, many people argued against it then. Our pleas fell on deaf ears and for this I still blame Mel, for she was in charge of finding appropriate software.

WizO_Adele said:
Now if you want to argue that there were better replacement options that is fine. However, that decision is already past and can't be undone.
I made arguments before, but you're right, it is too late now.

WizO_Adele said:
If you want to argue over ways we could have made the new software compatible with our needs while not being extremely cost intensive, then that would be a more worthwhile endeavor.
I did a very detailed evaluation of the software you chose. I wrote a post stating the exact options that could be turned on for the new software to work in an RP setting. Granted there are very few options in this new software, but color coating and webpage links would at least make it possible.

WizO_Adele said:
Quite frankly, further arguments of how this is the death of ISRP only concretes the decision that was made, to those that made them.
Well you honestly believe that... I don't. Hold on tightly to that poor decision and continue telling yourself it was the right one, if it helps. As I stated in my previous post, Rping will continue but it is very likely that Hasbro/WoTC will be much less likely to get my money and by the sounds of it a few others feel the same.

WizO_Adele said:
Wizards made a decision on software that could not be altered, and only has so much of a budget to spend on implementation. Our job was to make the most of it. And I personally think we could have.
Amazing I think you could have too... I still don't understand in the least why they are dropping the product. Everyone hates change, and the boards are the perfect avenue to vent this frustration. Venting helps the healing and change process. But to drop the RP off the site? Who thought this was a good idea? You listen, you appease, you assist in the transition but giving up on it because people make noise. Jeesh.

WizO_Adele said:
If anyone still wants to argue, please trust me, there are much more productive things that could be discussed at this point in time, and they'd do a lot more towards saving or enjoying any bit of community we have left.
Community? You just stated the majority of the community is being dropped. All that is left is to praise the individuals willing to devote their personal time tward building a new site.

Good luck I guess.
Da_Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads