Issue with Immortality through Spellcasting

MazzelDazzle

Explorer
I like the way you handle and mitigate it. I do have one other factor I put in which is a monetary cost. So with the Dragon Ascendent a class from the Draconomicon, the dragon can become a God but must eat their hoarde and it must be at least 100,000 gp. I do something similar, making the 100,000 gp cost go up at a 10 fold factor each additional Divine rank past 1 as a material component. I however make it so it must be something of that value or equivalent which can be highly subjective. It could be at the cost of the faith of a paladin, or the child of a father, the very forest a druid has sworn to protect, etc. Never a light decision. Something of such value as to create a total character overhaul.
I'm stupid and not rules savvy but I REALLY like this means of keeping ascending through the ranks costly in a monetary sense but also an emotional one. It should never be "easy" to rise tier by tier. Even if the actual price lessens in scope as you get higher and ever, everyone has something they care about and the value we place on things is not always rational.

I'm stupid and not rules savvy but I REALLY like this means of keeping ascending through the ranks costly in a monetary sense but also an emotional one. It should never be "easy" to rise tier by tier. Even if the actual price lessens in scope as you get higher and ever, everyone has something they care about and the value we place on things is not always rational.
Indeed! I appreciate it.

Heh, I remember clocking that issue when Ascension first came out. Too easy to get it up there as written. At least as written, there is a hard cap on Duad, as the table does not extend. There's almsot no reason to get anything other than infinite intelligence for an entity as that lets them automatically turn themselves into a duad and toss about epic spells with nigh infinite attributes.
Still I don't know if it's a true hard cap, just the cap as presented. Either way I agree with the Infinite Intelligence thing though, you'd be a fool, raw, to do otherwise.

Remove ads