• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Issues with 4e character sheets...Not cool WotC...just not cool...

I agree about the product being not worth the money, but I just don't understand the reluctance to return it to the store he purchased it from. If I want to return a scratched DVD I don't call up Sony.

If you don't like the product return it from where you bought it and let them return it to WOTC.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
If you don't like the product return it from where you bought it and let them return it to WOTC.

Well, he got it from a FLGS. It's very rare that you can return things to such a place, unlike a big box chain store.

Four sheets would certainly indicate you're being told to photocopy them (since people will do it anyway). The product though should be pushing the power cards and not the generic character sheets. They're probably only in there as a convenience to people who don't have a PC and printer. (Perhaps an indication that the 'everyone will use the DDI' mindset is still their hope and focus?)

Mercurius

Legend
I agree about the product being not worth the money, but I just don't understand the reluctance to return it to the store he purchased it from. If I want to return a scratched DVD I don't call up Sony.

Not to mention that it actually helps everyone in the long run--retailer, customer AND publisher--because it lets them (retailer and publisher) know that the customer will not accept a shoddy product. Otherwise quality standards just tank, which is pretty commonplace in the US.

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner

While the customer is in his rights to return it to the store, and we would accept the return at ours, the store cannot easily return it to WotC. We do not get returnability privileges, that is reserved for the mass market stores. But I am going to try.

CountPopeula

First Post
They give out 4 character sheets.... when the average group is 5 people...
Such a bright idea...

At level 30 you have 17 powers, right? And you replace 8 over the course of your career, so that's 25. If you figure that leaves 7 cards for magic item powers, and consider the split between horizontal and vertical character sheets, this product is meant for two people. More likely aimed at giving one person the ability to track a character in two games.

It's not meant to buy sheets for everyone in the game. It's meant for everyone in the game to buy their own set.

I think the four sheets for a game recommending 5 players is just re-enforcing that they intend for everyone at the table to buy this.

I'm all for companies making money, but between this, no common Dragonborn in DDM, and having to pay for miniatures for the virtual table in DDI in addition to a monthly fee (provided that's ever finished), well... the intent is definitely to squeeze every penny out of the existing customer.

Entropi

First Post
'Not cool' is an understatement.

This product is a blatant rip-off, and that is exactly how I felt after opening it.

Sigh.

I really wish another company owned D&D. Pretty much any other company.

Last edited:

Remove ads