• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Issues with 4e character sheets...Not cool WotC...just not cool...

That is truly astounding. Even if this is intended for one player, that's insane, and it doesn't give any indication that that's the intention. If I was a new player buying this, I can only imagine how amazingly ripped-off I'd feel.

portermj

First Post
The third edition character sheets released in 2000 were about the same page count for the exact same price.

WOTC isn't exactly hiding the downloadable character sheet, plus there are many fan made character sheets. I have to believe that most of the people who choose to buy the character sheets, in spite of all the alternatives, are getting the product they intended to get. It isn't a product I would get, but there is no accounting for taste.

For the people that bought the sheets and it wasn't what they wanted, don't you think it would have behooved them to track down reviews first? Especially if the product description was as vague on the back cover as it was on the website. As always, looking should preceed leaping, not the other way around.

Even for people without internet access, $10 still buys a hefty amount of notebooks and pencils right?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
The third edition character sheets released in 2000 were about the same page count for the exact same price.
No, the 2000 character sheets were the same price (US$9.95), but that set included a class-specific sheet for each of the eleven core classes, plus a generic one, one for a companion creature and three pages of spell sheets.

guivre

First Post
No, the 2000 character sheets were the same price (US$9.95), but that set included a class-specific sheet for each of the eleven core classes, plus a generic one, one for a companion creature and three pages of spell sheets.

Which was far more useful, not to mention 25% more pages the current set, even with a generous count. If you look at actual utility it gets worse.

This version is a rip off. Luckily I noticed in time and canceled my order I feel bad for those that didn't.

hopeless

Adventurer
Just a thought but what if they initially planned for the dm screen and character sheets to be released as one item and someone higher up decided splitting them up would make more money not bothering to realise that they weren't creating two products but splitting one product in two?

noretoc

First Post
Remember current established players are not the Target Audience (they will be downloading them). The target new players see the fancy books in the store, grabs them, and a pack of character sheets. Then gets home and says, Oh I don't have enough, and goes back to get another pack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads