Italic weirdness

glass

(he, him)
Hi,

I've just encountered a problem with a italics. As quotes with names are automatically italicied, I like to italicies by hand any which don't have names, to keep thing consistant.

In this post, I tried to do that, but it didn't work. One of the quotes didn't get italicised. The opening i-tag was visible, but not the closing. So I deleted the tags (because I didn't want to see them), and the problem moved onto the next quote.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong. And if it is a bug, is there a workaround?

glass.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I've copied over your post, i'll mess around with it.

---

StevenAC said:
No, the droids were scanning through her life by opening multiple time windows, each one locked to a particular period (apart from the faulty fireplace). From the conversation with the female repair droid:
DROID: She is incomplete.
DOCTOR: What, so that's the plan, then? Just keep opening up more and more time windows, scanning her brain, checking to see if she's done yet?
Huh? Eveytime they used the fire place (or any of the other locations), it opened up a new time window.

If the fireplace's jumping forward was deliberate on the part of the droids, they would have had no need to make any other time windows.
If Rainette spent her entire life in her childhood bedroom. Since she didn't...

EDIT: Why can't I get italics to work for this quote (or this edit):
No, it wasn't. It was explicitly stated to be present from the start. From the scene where the Doctor first appears in Reinette's room:
DOCTOR: We were talking. Just a moment ago. I was in your fireplace.
YOUNG REINETTE: Monsieur, that was weeks ago. That was months.
DOCTOR: Really? Hmm... [starts tapping fireplace] Must be a loose connection. Need to get a man in.
I missed that bit. That does provide you position with a little more support, but it was a throwaway mark; its hardly concrete.
No. As I said, it was the action of operating the fireplace -- going through it from the ship to Versailles -- which jogged the loose connection and caused it to jump to a different time.
A reasonable supposition, but no more so than mine.
Eh? All of the portals were at fixed points in Reinette's life, except the fireplace.
I'm pretty sure that was never stated. And, IIRC (I might not) the doctor used a different portal to access the final scene from the clockworks.

So your thoughts on the subject make as much sense as mine, maybe a little more, but either way it was hardly as glaringly obvious as you made it out to be.

EDIT: Now another another one has stopped working. Off to Meta to see if I can get a fix...

glass.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okay, I see the problem. You forgot to put a "[/i]" at the end of your second quote. That managed to throw off all the rest of them. I added that and a "" at the beginning of the third quote, and everything else fell right into place.

glass

(he, him)
Piratecat said:
Okay, I see the problem. You forgot to put a "[/i]" at the end of your second quote. That managed to throw off all the rest of them. I added that and a "" at the beginning of the third quote, and everything else fell right into place.
Thanks, I've edited the original and it works fine now.

Funny how the italics ended, even though the /I tag was missing. That's what confused me.

glass.

Remove ads