• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Item creation help

Bolcien

First Post
ok I'm playing a wizard who's lvl 10 right now and I'm planning for the future. I'm a evocation wizard with a bonded amulet.

What I'm trying to do is add a spell storing enchantment to my bonded item so I can have an extra spell or three or more in reserve in case a long drawn out battle is approaching or to have some utility spells in reserve for what have you. BUT, I'm not able to find the cost formula for such an enchantment. I could use the costs from Ring of spell storing but I'm trying to figure out the cost and see which is cheaper. Any help would be appreciated.

Derfmancher

First Post
There is a passage in the Core Rulebook under wizard that addresses this exactly (Pg 78) Basically if you have the spells you can create it with your bonded object, assuming you have the feats. That said imbue with spell is a cleric spell. (its the spell required to create a ring of spell storing if you have forge ring.)

You might be better off with pearls of power.

Bolcien

First Post
I know all that, I know I get the feat automatically just for the bonded item. What I'm trying to figure out is what the cost would be to add a spell storing quality to my bonded item.

However after some research and conversation with another GM Friend of mine we figured we'd take the cost of the ring of spell storing and reverse engineer it and got the prices which matched those in the book.

edit: Also I know the spell is a cleric spell and we have a cleric willing to assist in the crafting process.

Squire James

First Post
It may be better to make it an item "of Wizardry II" for lots of level 2 spell slots. You can either go crazier on those Scorching Rays, or pick up several utility spells even if they cost 2 slots...

Remove ads