• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"It's a joke name, sir."

VirgilCaine

First Post
Allandaros said:
I will of course disregard PARANOIA names, because that's kinda the point in the game, iznit?

The worst I had in that case was a ranger with a randomly generated name, "Denero." Just add a space and change the second "e" to an "i"... :(

Ferries the townsfolk around the city, does he?

ladlestein

First Post
I bet this player went on to have a glorious campaign, possibly the finest in your long career as a gamemaster. Something just tells me this.

I had a new player a long time ago (like '89) who was unfamiliar with serious campaigns... We made up his PC (a 1st level Mage) and I ran him through a short solo adventure (diggers in town had found an old temple with some undead, and he was delegated to check it out with the guard, being the apprentice of the only wizard in town).

He performed just fine, and got the chance to meet the local Marquis. The major domo is schooling him on what not to do when he enters the throne room, and asks him, "What is your name again?"

"Fast Eddy."

I hesitated for a second. Then I adopted the snootiest english butler accent I could, looked down my nose at him like an ostentatious major domo would, and introduced him as "Edward," drawing the name out for about five seconds.

He caught on pretty quick. He even made his official name "Edward Rapide" from that point on.

Ahglock

First Post
one of well respected authors in my field is Peter Small.

if you have the last name Small never name your kid Peter or Richard.

most roll calls start last name first.

A guy I went to high school with had a last name of Head. He named his kid Richard.
It both awesome and awful at the same time. Its Awsul!!!(TM)

Ahglock

First Post
In our current camapign a player who picked a Tiefling as a race noticed one of there normal names was Baracas. So he is BA Baracas. I think its totally cool.

In real life, I've met people with these names, 3, Littlebirdwithbrokenwingshallflyagain, Zee McPhail, Thomas Thomas, Big Cannon, Rock, Butch(last two are brothers, the mom wanted manly names). nd I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch of other ones. Bad in games don't phase me I have the populace react to them about how people seem to react to bad real names.

Remathilis

Legend
I can a 2e cleric named Gene Ericson.

More importantly, there was the elven pirate Solothus Falconrider.

We also had a Sir Robert the Fighter. That's right, Bob the Fighter!

What, else... Well, there was First Mate Bluud (First Mate was his first name), Glove (My Dove) (a Beatles fan), and Maize MacLuvin (dwarf favored soul).

Oh, and a bard named Old Thomas (based off Tom Waits)

Good times.

MacMathan

Explorer
IMC we have a fire-breathing Dragonborn fighter named Trogdor right now.

He loves to burninate and of course took the enlarged breath-weapon feat

Don Ventresca

First Post
I have a problem with this my self, in a D&D game my science teacher was running, *over for now* I was a Lizardfolk, who had almost died of a heart disease when he was younger, and I named him Cardio. *like Cardio Vascular* Later the last name Nosculos was added after he stabbed out his own eye. Then in another game I named a very rich doctor named Sir Charles Winchester IV. *like Sir Charles Emerson Winchester III from MASH* Anyway, my problem is tryong to be funny with reason, then when I finnaly have something, no one understands. HELP!

Zustiur

Explorer
My brother isn't much into the background of characters, and has never been good with thinking of names...
So I had to deal with ROLFF.
Yes, capitalized.
Religious Officer for Logistics and Fact Finding.
R.O.L.F.F.

It became a running joke, as he was a cleric... We decided that he had a real name, but he'd been stripped of his real name after accidentally poisoning the high priest. Still, he was one step up the holy ladder from ROSS...
Religious Officer for **** Shovelling. (ie the stablehand).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads