• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's a Squirrel world :)

rankarrog

First Post
Squirrel

Diminutive Animal
Hit Dice: 1/4 d8 (1Hp)
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Speed: 10 ft., climb 15 ft.
AC: 17 (+4 size, +3 Dex)
Attacks: Bite+0 melee
Damage: Bite 1d2-4
Face/Reach: 1 ft. by 1 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 2, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 4
Skills: Climb +15, Hide +22, Move Silently +11, Listen +9
Feats: None

Climate/Terrain: Any Forest
Organization: Solitary or Pair(2)
Challenge Rating: 1/8
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 1/2HD-1HD (Diminutive)

Squirrels are excellent climbers and jumpers with teeth strong enough to gnaw through half solid material such as soft wood, leather, or rope, given a few minutes.
With their dextrous paws they are able to pick up small objects but they can't walk away with them because they walk on all fours. Thier diet consists of fruits, nuts, and grains.

Squirrels gain +4 racial bonus to Climb, Hide, and Move Silently checks.

Squirel as a familiar: Master gains a +2 bonus to Reflex saves.

-----------

Dire Squirrel

Tiny Dire Animal
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 Hp)
AC: 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex,+2 Natural)
Attacks: Bite+1 melee
Damage: Bite 1d4-1
Special Attacks: Severing bite
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 12, Cha 4
Skills: Climb +18, Hide +22, Move Silently +11, Listen +9

Challenge Rating: 1/2
Alignment: Usually Neutral
Advancement: 3HD-5HD (Tiny) 6HD(Small)

Dire Squirrels are more fierce ancestors of normal Squirrels. Like their successorsthey are excellent climbers and jumpers with teeth strong enough to gnaw through half solid material such as soft wood, leather, or rope, given a few minutes. With their dextrous paws they are able to pick up small objects but they can't walk away with them because they walk on all fours. Thier diet consists of fruits, nuts, grains and meat if available.

COMBAT:
Severing Bite(Ex): Upon a critical hit, the Dire squirrels bite severes a minor part of the body(Roll 1d12):
1: Smallest remaining Finger, left Hand
2: Smallest remaining Finger, right Hand
3-4: Any Toe
5: Nose (or at least three Quarters of the nose)
6-8: Left Ear (-1 to listen checks)
9-11: Right Ear (-1 to listen checks)
12: Time for the DM to be creative

Dire Squirrels gain +4 racial bonus to Climb, Hide, and Move Silently checks.

---------
Twoheaded Dire Squirrel

Tiny Beast
Hit Dice: 1d10+1 (6 Hp)
AC: 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex,+2 Natural)
Attacks: Two bites +1 melee
Damage: Two bites, 1d4-1 each.
Special Attacks: Severing bite
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +4
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 4, Wis 16, Cha 4
Skills: Climb +18, Hide +22, Move Silently +11, Listen +15

Challenge Rating: 1
Alignment: Usually Neutral
Advancement: 3HD-5HD (Tiny) 6HD(Small)

Two headed dire Squirrels are very territorial animals, attacking anyone who enters their trerritory witout making a peacefull offer of food. They are belived to be a strange breed of "normal" dire Squirrels and are known to attack negligently campers and curious bards.

Like their successors they are excellent climbers and jumpers with teeth strong enough to gnaw through half solid material such as soft wood, leather, or rope, given the half time a normal squirrel needed for the same feat. With their dextrous paws they are able to pick up small objects but they can't walk away with them because they walk on all fours. Thier diet consists of fruits, nuts, grains and meat if available.

COMBAT:Severing Bite(Ex): See below.

THDSquirrels gain +4 racial bonus to Climb, Hide, and Move Silently checks. Due to their two heads they recieve a +4 competence bonus on Spot and Listen checks.

---------

Weresquirrel

Small/Tiny Shapechanger (Base: 1st level Halfling Commoner)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5Hp)
Initiative: +1 (+1 dex;Humanoid); +4 (+3 Dex; Squirrel or Hybrid)
Speed: 20ft(Humanoid); 10 ft., climb 15 ft.(Squirrel or Hybrid)
AC: 12 (+1 size, +1Dex/Humanoid); 17 (+1 size, +4 Dex, +2 Natural/Hybrid), 18(Same, but +2 size/Squirrel)
Attacks: Dagger -2 melee/ +1 ranged (Humanoid); Bite+0 melee (Squirrel or Hybrid)
Damage: Dagger 1d4-2 (Humanoid); Bite 1d4-2 (Squirrel or Hybrid)
Face/Reach: 5ft. by 5 ft./ 5 ft. (Humanoid/Hybrid); 1 ft. by 1 ft./0 ft.(Squirrel)
Special Attacks: Severing bite (as Squirrel or Hybrid)
Special Qualities: Scent, Damage reduction 15/silver (as Squirrel or Hybrid)
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10*
Skills: Climb +15, Hide +22, Move Silently +11, Listen +9**

Challenge Rating: As Character +2
Alignment: Always Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: By character class

* In halfling form, the weresquirrel has the following ability scores: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10.
** In halfling form, the weresquirrel has the Craft or Profession (any one) +6, Knowledge (any one) +4.

Weresuirrels in animal or hybrid from gain +4 racial bonus to Climb, Hide, and Move Silently checks.

COMBAT:
Severing Bite(Ex): See below.

Alternate Form (Su): In addition to their humanoid form Weresquirrels can assume the form of a Dire Squirrel and that of a hybrid between the two. While in Squirrel or Hybrid form the Base character gains the following ability score modifiers: Str -2, Dex +6, Con +2.

Damage Reduction (Ex): A Weresquirrel in animal or hybrid form gains damage reduction 15/silver.

Lycanthropic Empathy (Ex): See the Monster Manual (for Third Edition) page 217.

Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): See the Monster Manual (for Third Edition) page 217.

See the Monster Manual (for Third Edition) page 217 for more information on the Lycanthrope template.

------------
Comments? Suggestions? Does anyone guess where this 2headed dire Squirrel comes from ;D ???

Last edited:

rankarrog

First Post
I thought: Now I have to hurry before he converts/makes the other ones, too :)

To speak the truth, I didn't knew the carnivorous flying squirrel before, but it looks quite intresting, especially it's attack could be a nasty suprise for my players.
Perhaps you should inlude how far they can glide or how much height they loose per feet the glide (Someting akin to: They can glide 5 time the height they climbed, else a merciless DM, could rule that all the initial attacks are made at +20 or so. Carnivorous Flying Squirrel of True Striking! Huzzah! ;D ).

Perhaps I make a dire one of the CFS and Weapon Finesse (Bite) would also be a cool addition to the other dire squirrels.

rankarrog

First Post
You don't have to be small to became a weresquirrel, Any humanoid can become one.

I just thought that it would be more suitable for asmall character to turn into a tiny beast, so I made one based upon a halfling. The hybrid should be something inbetween medium and tiny so I made that small.

I'll add the size of the Hybrid to the template.

las

First Post
the Squirrel and Dire Squirrel will be in my game with a miner change (giving them there feat) good work :D . Now I can make the Squrrel of doom.

Clark

First Post
"Aye. The corpses of my friends lay strewn like autumn leaves. I knew it was up to me. Its hate-filled eyes locked with mine, and I knew only one of us would escape with our lives. I and I alone defeated the squirrel in mortal combat."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads