• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

its all in the interpretation

emanresu

First Post
Note that paladins technically have a 3.5 unique spell with Favor of the Martyr. However, in 3.0 it was printed in Magic of Faerun as Favor of Ilmater and still retains that name in the 3.5 transition book Player's Guide to Faerun.

thats basically my point...Why would the grand poobah at WoTC print a paragraph in the book and pay for the ink for all those hundreds of thousands of copies (millions???) for a couple of obscure spells. I cant imagine that was their intent. In the UA (the book in ref here) theres the 0 level lullaby for the Bard as its unique spell, I doubt they even knew that when it was printed.

PureGoldx58

First Post
Note that paladins technically have a 3.5 unique spell with Favor of the Martyr. However, in 3.0 it was printed in Magic of Faerun as Favor of Ilmater and still retains that name in the 3.5 transition book Player's Guide to Faerun.

thats basically my point...Why would the grand poobah at WoTC print a paragraph in the book and pay for the ink for all those hundreds of thousands of copies (millions???) for a couple of obscure spells. I cant imagine that was their intent. In the UA (the book in ref here) theres the 0 level lullaby for the Bard as its unique spell, I doubt they even knew that when it was printed.

[h=3]Toughness [General][/h][h=5]Benefit[/h]You gain +3 hit points.
[h=5]Special[/h]A character may gain this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.

Welcome to the pointless wastes of ink that is WotC creating feats and class features.
The game is all about taking those small gains and adding them together to make your character strong, awesome, or whatever you want. I agree that it is really focused on those spells entirely unique to the classes.

I would go so far as to only include the source materials your campaign uses, for example if ranger has a spell that is only unique if you don't use X book, and you aren't allowed to use that book, then it is unique. That, however, is an opinion and how I'd rule.

emanresu

First Post
Another way of wording this, providing your translation is correct, is - Those players entering Prest Bard will get the 0 level spell lullaby added to their spell known list. Those entering Prest Pali will add Heal Mount to their spells known. And those of you entering prest Ranger will get, aaahh who we kidden nobodys gonna play this class.
If their are other unique spells from other sources take it to the mattresses with the DM, he might let you have some.

If it was worded anywhere near this we'd have no ambiguity.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads