• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's good class, but nobody plays it!

Since the beginning of 3E, we have seen:

Cleric/monk
Sorcerer
Bard/shadowdancer
Fighter
Druid/barbarian/bear warrior
Rogue/ranger
Illusionist wizard
Barbarian/fighter
Druid
Ranger/wizard/arcane archer
Rogue/ranger/sorcerer
Monk/samurai/Shiba Defender
Paladin
Cleric/fighter/templar
Necromancer wizard
Ranger/fighter/rogue/deepwood sniper
Bard
Barbarian/bard/animal lord
Fighter/courtier

That pretty much covers the gamut, though there has definitely been a shortage of clerics. Actually, all the spellcasting classes, because in some of those cases, they only took 1 level or so. I guess we just like the versatility of the feat & skill-based classes like rogue and fighter, since they are a bigger departure from 2E than the spellcasting classes.

Mercule

Adventurer
Well, I've played a multiclass druid (mage) once. There's also a priest of Wee Jas in my current game. That sums up the entirety of the divine casters I've seen, in 20 years of gaming. That means Clerics, Druids, Paladins, and Rangers. I did have a ranger played in my game in 1E, but I don't think he ever cast any Druid spells, just Magic-User spells (I still tend to associate Rangers with arcane magic). Although I've seen a couple of abortive attempts at Ranger since 2E, they never made it high enough level to get spells.

I'm definitely chomping at the bit to play a Druid, though -- right after I finish up with my Thief-Acrobat.

Currently, the group I play in has is themed for stealth. We're trying something new. BTW, sneaking through the RtToEE is... interesting. Our group consists of:
-Fighter/Rog - going for Duelist
-Bard
-Monk
-Barbarian
-Ranger/Wiz
-Rog4/Wiz1/Acr2 -me. The wizard level is just a toy, I'm really just an acrobat.

We used to have a pure rogue, but the player decided he liked smashing things and changed to the Barbarian.

The game I run is made up as follows:
-Half-Dragon/Dwarf Sorcerer/Paladin of Bahamut (wierd, cool)
-Fighter
-Illusionist
-Necromancer/Cleric of Wee Jas (fun conversations w/ Paladin)
-Psychic Warrior

Again, we used to have a pure rogue, but he got infected by a wererat. After he embraced his new form, the Paladin killed him. Thus enters the Illusionist.

shadowcaster007

First Post
Barbarians are pretty rare in our group.
We always have a bunch of Bards and Paladins, my favorite char of all time was a Paladin.

The least used class past 1st level is Ranger. We have a bunch of PC's that have 1 Ranger level to get the first level abilities.
They call it going to Ranger school.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads