• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It's ready to test!

Lansolyn

First Post
Sorry Elendiel

First examine the signs, they *should* have descriptions that tell you what to do.

BUT since I'm new at the whole designing a signpost thing I'll explain here.

The four pillars drop empty versions of Blood Gems. You use these empty gems (like you would a teleport stone) and that will transform them into the full appropriate Blood Gem.

Then you go the the Alter (or however you want to spell it, I can use any placable as the "alter" so let me know which one you think I should use) and it "should" start a conversation with you. Go through the selections and pick your upgrade and apply!

This module was thrown together to test the I'll adjust the spelling and such. I'm trying right now to get the newest version of the module up (I fixed spoony bards problems) but it's not uploading. It should be up soon!

L

Attachments

• Alter Test Mod.zip
    119.1 KB · Views: 57

Elendiel

First Post
Thanks, Spoony and Lansolyn. It works, and the array of choices is really impressive and thorough. XP loss doesn't seem too steep, really.

But I've read back a previous thread on this, and I have a problem with the gems being acquired from monsters.

Putting aside the issue of which monster will drop which gem of which type and which power level (assuming it's not totally random), I would say that this spawning of an item on many a creature's death might significantly worsen the lag we're already having. (Plus, modifying or even creating numerous creatures' inventories will be time-consuming to implement, I think.)

So, couldn't these gems simply be sold by the Item Merchant in the Emporium, in her Misc. section? You could price them accordingly so that not everyone who's a level 3 char gets really crazy equipment too quickly (Russ and I are perfectly aware various people pass money from their rich, powerful chars to their poor, beginning ones, but I'll let that pass for now), and it would be much simpler to implement in the module. Thoughts?

Lansolyn

First Post
Elendiel-

What about putting the lower power gems in the item shop, and I could create a merchant to hang out in the underdark with the higher power gems.

You could then place the alters wherever and have the characters still go to the alters for the upgrades!

Elendiel

First Post
Actually, there already *is* a merchant in the Underdark to which you could give the task of selling the higher level gems. Considering how difficult or costly it is to get to him, though, I think you should only put the top gem of each category there. If ever.

Frankly, I'm not too keen on having to adventure too much on upgrading items. You already have to adventure to get the xp for that (or make up for it after the fact) and the money to buy the gems, and I think this system should be a convenience (most notably in the absence of Epic items for sale in the PW) rather than some kind of hassle. That's why I'd also put the altar in town, maybe at the temple. When the server's well-attended, we already have the occasional problem with high-level people spawning tough encounters on low-level chars because they have to go to this specific area to get that precise item they need. Let's not add to it.

My Opinion Only, of course. ;)

Lansolyn

First Post
Fine with me. I'm a yes man, you just let me know how and where you want the items. You can put them wherever you want!
Also no updates tonight. It's 1AM and I will work on it tomorrow! Tons of new stuff to add! Thanks for your input all!

youspoonybard

First Post
Very hesitant about the AC going up to +10 bonuses...Under the current equipment, without expertise or anything I am going to be walking around with an AC of 70. AC 95 seems kinda crazy : )

Lansolyn

First Post
What does everyone else think about the AC thing? Is it too powerfull? I'll probably adjust it now that you'll be able to buy these upgrades in a store. I'll make it 1-5 so that the items will be on par with the items in the shop.

L

Chaz

First Post
Im all for it. In general most characters DONT have the power and abilitys as strong as characters youspoonybard makes. So keep that in mind about anything he sais haha ;)
95% of the characters could benifit from whatever is available. Without them being at some of his char's ability level.

But thats just my opinion. :)

Peace

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads