• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Its the little things that make our game great.

Darklance

First Post
D&D is about epic combat and huge political negotiations but it would never be as fun if you took out all of the little details that characters do to make it such fun. I've finally found a game that I can play in once in awhile and escape DMing for a few hours. I've made it my goal to do every damned creative thing that I can think of. Literally, when things happen in the game, while the party scrambles, my character just sits there and thinks for a few seconds (because my mind is scrambling to think of what my
17 int mage character would do).

For instance, last game we came back to a familiar town after having been absent for a time and one of our old rivals was just starting to get the crowd riled up about the various injustices that had been inflicted upon them (all bull). So while the other characters were scrambling to discuss attack/magic charm/other plans to get this guy off the podium before he created a mob (most of these would have enraged the crowd anyway) I think for a minute and then hand the DM a note * I tell Loki (my raven familiar) to fly high overhead. The next time Gradius "beseeches the gods" and looks up to the sky, Loki should drop the biggest load of crap that his little feathered body can manage.

Gradius dramatically swings his arms up into the air and starts his preaching. Calling upon Aros (the sky god) for vengeance.

A few DM rolls later Gradius is wiping bird :):):):) off his face and spitting it out of his mouth. He runs off the podium to the nearest well.

For all intents and purposes the sky god had spoken. Justice was served and not a drop of blood was spilled.

I love D&D

CrazyShapiro

First Post
If I were DMing the game, I would have made sure the Bird had a "passing" coming on. You can't just S*** on call y'know! (JK, that was a good one!)

graydoom

First Post
Wow. Now that is cool. Just imagine if you had gotten the bird to pick something up and drop it on the guy, in addition to the excrement....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads