• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E I've created a 4e character!

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
Silverfox13 said:
I believe that the level adjustment is 1 per level, not 1/2 level if it is the same as SWSE. So add 1 to each.

This also just an assumption but I do believe you only get to choose 1 rogue power.

SWSE breaks down like this for each class:

1st level - class power
2nd level - class feat
3rd level - class power + bonus feat
4th level - class feat + 2 ability point allocations
5th level - class power
6th level - class feat + bonus feat
7th level - class power
8th level - class feat + 2 ability point allocations
9th level - class power + bonus feat
10th level - class feat

each class has 3 talent trees for its class powers and many of the choices have prerequisites such as the class power before it.

From the desription I have read it appears they only have two tier choices (at least publicized). Yet, the term Attack 1 in many of the powers descriptions would lead me to believe that there is a logical progression.

My guess is as follows:

First Level: 1 feat, 2 at-will powers, 1 per-encounter Combat power, 1 daily power
Even Levels: 1 feat, 1 per-encounter Utility power
Odd Levels (past first): 1 per-encounter Combat power

The trick is that you almost certainly get more daily and possibly at-will powers later on, and you probably get to replace powers every so often (like sorcerers in 3.5 and everything in Bo9S), but I have no idea how that progression would work.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Silverfox13 said:
I believe that the level adjustment is 1 per level, not 1/2 level if it is the same as SWSE. So add 1 to each.

This also just an assumption but I do believe you only get to choose 1 rogue power.

It was in the Sneak Attack article IIRC that said you get 2 at-Wills, 1 Encounter, and 1 daily at first level.

Fitz

Imban

First Post
Cake Mage said:
can you extrapolate? i didn't get that memo.

Negative modifiers are still in, you're just adding 1/2 level to almost everything.

So a Strength of 3 is still a -4 modifier... unless you're level 30, then it's +11.

Just so everyone can compare: From the long 'sneak attack' thread
Khuxan said:
For those who are interested, I statted up a first-level elven rogue as best as I could. 28-point buy.

[sblock]Elf Rogue Level 1
Medium mortal humanoid (elf)
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +3, low-light vision
HP 26; Bloodied 12; Healing Surges 8
AC 16; Fortitude 12, Reflex 16, Will 11
Saving Throws +0
Speed 7
Action Points ?

Melee Dagger (standard; at-will) • Weapon
+3 vs. AC; 1d?+1
At Will Powers: Deft Strike, Piercing Strike
Encounter Powers: Elven Accuracy, Positioning Strike
Daily Power: [One]
Constant Powers: Group Awareness, Artful Dodger, Wild Step, First Strike, Sneak Attack, Rogue Weapon Talent

Alignment Unaligned
Languages Common, Elven
Feat Elven Precision
Skills Nature +2, Perception +8, Stealth +9, Thievery +9, Insight +6, Acrobatics +9, Dungeoneering +6
Str 12 Dex 18 Con 14
Int 10 Wis 12 Cha 12
Equipment hippogriff ;), dagger
Training and Proficiencies Leather; longbow, shortbow, dagger, hand crossbow, shuriken, sling, short sword[/sblock]

EDIT: I know the rogue gets one daily power, but since we don't know the details of any daily powers I didn't choose one. I wanted to limit this stat block to what we know.

EDIT 2: I forgot the bonus to attack for wielding a dagger.

EDIT 3: Good catch on the hp, MasterGarrow05

Keenath

Explorer
Cake Mage said:
can you extrapolate? i didn't get that memo.
The whole confusion comes from the early monster statblock releases, which listed things like "STR 16 (+6)". These led some people to decide that a +0 modifier was a score of 4.

But the other half of the readers were saying all along -- No, the +6 is a +3 ability modifier plus a +3 level bonus (the creature was level 6 in this case), and the +6 is not ability mod, but the skill mod for using any STR based skill that the monster isn't trained in.

From the recent releases' damage totals and such like, it's obvious that this second is the correct interpretation, and that the +6 is ONLY the skill bonus, and does not apply to weapon damage or anything else.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Fort would be 11 since it uses the highest of Con and Str.

Tumble was listed as a utility power and is level 2...

I'd think a daily 1st level rogue power would look something like this:

Murdiate
Daily - Weapon
3[W] + Dex, have combat advantage against the target for the purpose of this attack. If you already had combat advantage, roll 1d6 extra damage if you hit.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads