• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I've got a problem in my game! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjErik

First Post
I take offense to that!

Call me a cheater all you want, call me dishonest, sneaky, blackhearted, disrespectful, a jerk, or whatever... but a POWERGAMER?!? Thats stepping across the line bro.

I deliberately powergamed this character because YOU *were* running ravenloft with 3 people, so for the sake of making it possible to run, I made my guy as optimally as possible, which ISNT a habit for me.

If anyone is familiar with Exalted by White Wolf, which I play weekly with some other folks, I'm playing a Dragon-Blooded in a party where all the other characters are Solars. My character is SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than the rest of the party, because I like Dragonbloods from a roleplaying perspective.

Since you apparently want to insult me, ill give you some tips.
I AM:

• Very Lazy
  • Moderately Self-Centered
  • Lacking Somewhat in Self-Confidence
  • Completely Incapable of understanding how to correctly handle any social interactions involving women
  • Jealous at times
  • Disrespectful at times
  • Have a bad mouth at times
  • Addicted to World of Warcraft (Trying to break this one)
  • Closed-minded at times
  • Rude at times
  • Argumentative at times
  • Mildly annoying most of the time

That should give you enough material for at least 3 pages of bashing WITHOUT having to make up stuff you and I both know is not true, thats just vindictive and wrong.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
tylermalan said:
Its probably worth pointing out, then, that he's a powergamer, not a roleplayer.

Not really relevant, or at least not for me, and definitely not mutually exclusive. I can powergame with the best of them, and I'm a pretty competent roleplayer. I know lots of good roleplayers who are also pretty darn good powergamers.

The Thayan Menace said:
You accidentally discovered spoilers, informed your DM, and agreed to behave in an honorable fashion.

The OP's culprit was told not to look at a specific spoiler and he deliberately sought it out.

I know. I wasn't commenting about that, but rather about tylermalan's assertion that it's impossible for the player's OOC knowledge to affect the adventure.

BenjErik said:
Call me a cheater all you want, call me dishonest, sneaky, blackhearted, disrespectful, a jerk, or whatever... but a POWERGAMER?!? Thats stepping across the line bro.

:D :D :D

When I read that line I thought you were kidding, but after reading the rest of your post, apparently not. So you're fine with being told that you have all sorts of negative qualities as a person, but being accused of making your imaginary character more powerful than others do is crossing the line?

BenjErik

First Post
Flaws

My flaws are my flaws, and part of who I am. Of course I try to work on them and better myself, but the road is long and hard. Insults are fine, sticks and stones ya know, but its kind of irksome when someone makes up stuff that just isnt true. If you're gonna be a hater, at least stick to the facts! :cool:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Actually, insults aren't fine, and this is an issue that should probably be worked out in private. Tyler, if you want the thread re-opened, please email me -- my address is in my sig.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads