• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I've got my ticket for midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith!

John Crichton

First Post
fett527 said:
Yeah, there's one in Columbus I think. Can't drive that far for the premier. :(
Bummer. We have one in Hartford, which is about 45 minutes from here. A pain, but totally worth it. The visual quality is a considerable upgrade.

Xath

Moder-gator
The_Universe said:
I've got mine for Alexandria, VA! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

The AMC Hoffman 22, if there are any board members in the area that want to see it with my wife and I...

I purchased 2 tickets for the Hoffman. See you there, The_Universe! :)

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Xath said:
Those who are going, are you dressing up?

Nope. A friend was working on joining the 501st, but the armor apparently isn't finished yet. Then again, he was making some noises about getting it ready, but that might've been for Otakon.

Brad

Xath said:
I'm probably going to end up going with the local FanForce, and we may dress up. I know I've got some very comfortable Jedi robes to wear. Still need to put together a good belt, though...

John Crichton

First Post
Xath said:
Most likely not. A little story if I may...

Episode I. Waited in line the week before to get tix with a bunch of other fans. Great time. Made some new friends, BSed for hours and all that. The movie comes out the next week and we get there about 5-6pm to get in line. We're actually not first as some other dudes camped out. We didn't get dressed up but my buddy and I brought our toy lightsabers - ya know, the regular $20 Toys-R-Us versions.

Getting more bored and anxious by the second as we wait for more of our large crew to show up and cut in line to us (they made us all wait outside and the line is starting to stretch pretty long at this point), it's time to spar. There was a news crew nearby and caught us doing our thing, which was pretty sad by friends and family who saw it said it looked cool, which we didn't believe for a second.

Cut to inside where tensions are high because the 2 theaters are packed they won't even let you get up to use the bathroom or you'll loose your seat. No saving seats or anything like that. One of us ends up getting there late and therefore separated from the group. This leaves me with an army of buds to the right and some 12-year old Jabba-sized kid to my right and the 2 guys who are "babysitting" him sitting in front of me. It's after midnight, the kid is tired as hell and obviously not into Star Wars as he promptly falls dead asleep right about the time the Fight Club preview hits.

He's essentially limp at this point and starts to ever-so-slowly drift his massive bulk towards me (I weigh about 120 lbs soaking wet). I inch to the right, closer to my friend, who also happens to be large but luckily is wide awake, has bathed and skooches to the right to help me out a bit. There is some snoring involved throughout the whole movie at this point but I tune it out cuz I love me some Star Wars.

Anywho, the kid is not making things easy on me as he keeps oozing my way and is getting awfully close to cuddle range. This is the last thing I need at this point. So I brace quickly, give a proper shove and he shifts back towards the middle. Not completely, of course, but he's back far enough to give me a little room to work with if need be. Now, I am pressed completely against the other side of my chair, leaning towards my buddy who is leaning the other way. No problems here.

So during the senate scene I start hearing slightly muffled lightsaber noises. WTF?! My eyes start to dart around as I can't locate the source of them onscreen. No one in the movie is reacting and then it sounds like it's coming from behind me. I start to get pissed because I think someone brought in a boombox or something and is screwing around.

I then freeze in horror as I realize people are starting to peek in my general direction. I catch a slight flash in the corner of my eye, look down and see my green lightsaber wedged in between my ass and the armrest. It has been going off for a good minute now. I whip it out, shut it off and jam it under my seat. The sets off the kid next to me as he has a snoring fit and starts his crushing lean again.

I'll skip the rest but lets just say that I actually tried to wake the kid up by whacking him about the head during the loud scenes. Didn't even flinch or wake up until the movie was over.

Good times.

Remove ads