• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I've got the 3.5 PHB in front of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

greymarch

First Post
Roy hasnt posted anything on this thread in the last 24 hours. Maybe we really did scare him off.

I got the answers I was looking for though. I am in the process of rebuilding my epic ranger for D&D 3.5, and the only piece of information I needed to finish the process was the exact feats a ranger gets if he chooses the two-weapon combat style, or the archery combat style. Roytheodd was kind enough to provide the answer. Thank you Roy! :) Steal all the pens and pencils you can before your company sacks you for leaking this information! ;)

Bhaal

First Post
Forget the ranger, I'm dying to hear about the monk; they've been too tight-lipped about it. Any info on the monk's stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Farland

Explorer
I think the guys been pretty convincing, and this should put to rest all those nagging "3.5 is so different it'll wreck my campaign" threads. Nothing looks too terribly extreme. In fact, I'm pretty excited.

Sejs

First Post
Heh, I was going to post on the druid thing too... looks like I was a little slow on the draw.

Interesting note, however -

1) Druids can spontaneously channel prepared spells into Summon Nature's Ally in the same fashion that Clerics can with Cure spells.

2) Looking at the weapons and armor section - druids are proficient with club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear, sling, spear and all natural attacks. They are proficient with light and medium armor, and shields. They still cannot use metal armor or shields (though Ironwooded items are a-okay). If they wear restricted armor or use a restricted shield they lose their spellcasting, supernatural and spell-like abilities for 24 hours.

Note - this says NOTHING of using a restricted weapon. It looks like druids can use any weapon... they're just not normally proficient with weapons outside the druid list.

DSC-EricPrice

First Post
Thanks to all who have offered up information on the version of our favorite game. Now that I have that out of the way...

While spontaneously casting summon nature's ally is an improvement of the Druid class I am once again disappointed at the treatment of this class. I guess as soon as I get Treasures of the Underhalls done I'm going to have to write up a druid class that takes into account the environment of the druid and stops treating them all like tree huggers... geesh!

Over the years I've played a Dwarf who oversaw a cavern of elaborate and precious cavern formations (deep druid) and a Saterri (more on that later) who helped balance a planar ecosystem instead (planar druid). These deserve to be variant Core classes and not prestige classes. If you're with me, say aye! (or email me and let me know I'm not crazy)

Eric

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I think that the number of core classes should be kept low. Additional ones only if they are really necessary (a Samurai is a necessity for Oriental Adventures, but noone really needs a gladiator - that concept can be made with a fighter).

ChaosMage

First Post
DSC-EricPrice said:
Thanks to all who have offered up information on the version of our favorite game. Now that I have that out of the way...

While spontaneously casting summon nature's ally is an improvement of the Druid class I am once again disappointed at the treatment of this class. I guess as soon as I get Treasures of the Underhalls done I'm going to have to write up a druid class that takes into account the environment of the druid and stops treating them all like tree huggers... geesh!

Over the years I've played a Dwarf who oversaw a cavern of elaborate and precious cavern formations (deep druid) and a Saterri (more on that later) who helped balance a planar ecosystem instead (planar druid). These deserve to be variant Core classes and not prestige classes. If you're with me, say aye! (or email me and let me know I'm not crazy)

Eric

Mongoose actually dealt with that problem in a web enhancement to their druid book; you can get it at http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/druid.pdf
I think they did a fairly good job with it... it may solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads