• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I've got the 3.5 PHB in front of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecnodemon

First Post
Plus do not forget about there new, more spells as well. For the weapon's list that Sejs asid "2) Looking at the weapons and armor section - druids are proficient with club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear, sling, spear and all natural attacks. They are proficient with light and medium armor, and shields. They still cannot use metal armor or shields (though Ironwooded items are a-okay). If they wear restricted armor or use a restricted shield they lose their spellcasting, supernatural and spell-like abilities for 24 hours.

Note - this says NOTHING of using a restricted weapon. It looks like druids can use any weapon... they're just not normally proficient with weapons outside the druid list." the only thing the druids can now is pay a feat slot to leanr other weapons. That of course if they change the feat rules.

They did make the druid more interesting I should in combat. Now to see the new druid's spell list that they added and changed.

MindWright

First Post
2HW Balance

Okay, the new rules posted for Power Attack got me thinking, and I came up with a few questions.

1) Does a 2HW inflict x2 bonus damage based on STR as well as when power attacking? {I think someone alread asked this}

2) Do Off Hand attacks exist in the new rules at all? What does the new 2WF table look like? Are both attacks given full STR bonus damage?

3) Is the Rapier considered a Light weapon, or is it still a special exception?

Basically the only way this can make sense is if it is balancing other changes, and I now have some suspicions about what those changes might be. Hence the questions.

Also, thanks be to Roy for he is as cool as he is odd.

Paladin

Explorer
Iron_Chef said:
Can you post the Craft Construct feat???

It's in Dragon #309, page 30.

Craft Construct [Item Creation]
The creature can create golems and other magic automations that obey its orders.
Prerequsites: Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Craft Wondrous Item
Benefit: A creature with this feat can create any construct whose prerequisites it meets. Enhancing a construct takes one day for each 1,000 gp in its market price.
To enchant a construct, a spellcaster must spend 1/25th the item's price in XP and use up raw materials costing half of this price (see the Golem, Homunculus, and Shield Guardian monster entries for details.) A creature with this feat can repair constructs that have taken damage. In one day of work, the creature can repair up to 20 points of damage by expending 50 gp per point of damage repaired. A newly created construct has average hit points for its Hit Dice.

Also - constructs get bonus Hit Points based on their size (page 27).

William Ronald

Explorer
First, I would like to thank Roytheodd for starting this thread. Let's hope he does not suffer for disclosing some information from the book.

Roy, if you can answer a few more questions, great and thanks. If not, thanks again for starting the thread.

1) Any impression as to how sorcerors and wizards compare with other classes? I know this has been an issue on these and other message boards?

2) There was some talk about changes to bardic music. Are the bard's base abilities more effective?

3)I remember that there was some talk of "medium" saves for rangers and other classes. Does such a thing exist in 3.5?

Eldragon

First Post
Hmm, still no word from Roy.

I suspect a black helicopter came to his house in the night, Landed on the roof, and goons dressed in black with WotC logos on their hats came and abducted him in the night. Each of these goons were wielding +1 Clubs of Silencing.

Hawdy

First Post
Bhaal said:
Forget the ranger, I'm dying to hear about the monk; they've been too tight-lipped about it. Any info on the monk's stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I cant wait to find out what changes they have made on my beloved monk.....

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Hmmm, I have this terrible fear that Roy was crushed by the weight of responses when he went back to the forums...

The Auld Grump

MisterTwister

First Post
I can't believe tht WotC did not get wind of that hemmorage of content that was going on her the last day and a half. If we find out that ENWorld was contacted directly and read the riot act it would not surprise me. Even if it was a messageboard. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads