D&D 5E Ixalan Vampire Echo Knight (Grapple and attack in two places at once)

azazei888

First Post
Ixalan Vampire
Customized Origin
+2 Strength, +1 Constitution

Fighter(Echo Knight)

* Blood Thirst. You can drain blood and life energy from a willing creature, or one that is grappled by you, incapacitated, or restrained. Make a melee attack against the target. If you hit, you deal 1 piercing damage and 1d6 necrotic damage. The target’s hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken, and you regain hit points equal to that amount. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

* Feast of Blood. When you drain blood with your Bloodthirst ability, you experience a surge of vitality. Your speed increases by 10 feet, and you gain advantage on Strength and Dexterity checks and saving throws for 1 minute.

So Blood Thirst & Feast of Blood.. Blood Thirst lets me deal 1 piercing+d6 necrotic plus I heal d6 if my enemy is grappled by me, or incapacitated, or restrained. My DM actually houseruled that I can Blood Thirst as part of any grapple, no action required.. Once I use Blood Thirst, I get +10ft speed, advantage on all Str and Dex checks and saves, so advantage on future grapples and maintaining grapples for 10 rounds.

Unarmed Fighting
Your unarmed strikes can deal bludgeoning damage equal to ld6 + your Strength modifier on a hit. If you aren't wielding any weapons or a shield when you make the attack roll, the d6 becomes a d8.

At the start of each ofyour turns, you can deal ld4 bludgeoning damage to one creature grappled by you.

Chose Unarmed Fighting for free d4 dmg every round I grapple an enemy, no action required.

Manifest Echo
At 3rd level, you can use a bonus action to magically manifest an echo of yourself in an unoccupied space you can see within 15 feet of you. This echo is a magical, translucent, gray image of you that lasts until it is destroyed, until you dismiss it as a bonus action, until you manifest another echo, or until you're incapacitated.

Your echo has AC 14 + your proficiency bonus, 1 hit point, and immunity to all conditions. If it has to make a saving throw, it uses your saving throw bonus for the roll. It is the same size as you, and it occupies its space. On your turn, you can mentally command the echo to move up to 30 feet in any direction (no action required). If your echo is ever more than 30 feet from you at the end of your turn, it is destroyed.

* As a bonus action, you can teleport, magically swapping places with your echo at a cost of 15 feet of your movement, regardless of the distance between the two of you.

* When you take the Attack action on your turn, any attack you make with that action can originate from your space or the echo's space. You make this choice for each attack.

* When a creature that you can see within 5 feet of your echo moves at least 5 feet away from it, you can use your reaction to make an opportunity attack against that creature as if you were in the echo's space.

So… here’s where it can get interesting, theoretically I can maintain a grapple on one enemy in melee dealing Blood Thirst+Unarmed Fighting dmg, and still attack other enemies 30ft away with my echo clone and threaten attacks of opportunity the clone. I can also carry a grappled opponent over a cliff, and then teleport back to my clones position as a bonus action..

Unleash Incarnation
At 3rd level, you can heighten your echo's fury. Whenever you take the Attack action, you can make one additional melee attack from the echo's position.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Constitution modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Extra attacks are nice.

Vampiric Exultation
Prerequisite: Vampire (Ixalan)
As an action, you can transform the lower half of your body into an inky black vapor, allowing you to float through the air. While transformed, you have a flying speed of 30 feet. You can maintain this form for up to 10 minutes. Once you use this ability, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

At level 4 I plan to get Vampiric Exultation to fly so no ones out of my reach.

Skill Expert

* Increase one ability score of your choice by 1, to a maximum of 20.

* You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.

* Choose one skill in which you have proficiency. You gain expertise with that skill, which means your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make with it. The skill you choose must be one that isn't already benefiting from a feature, such as Expertise, that doubles your proficiency bonus.

At level 6 I plan to get Skill Expert for Expertise on Athletics, get a extra skill proficiency, an bump my strength from 17 to 18. This way I don’t have to multiclass.

So at level 6, we’re at a flying vampire that can grapple as the 1st attack, shove them prone as the 2nd attack with Extra Attack, make a 3rd attack on a different enemy through the echo clone with Unleash Incarnation, and in addition deal 1peircing+d6necrotic+d4 bludgeoning and heal d6 passively each turn. You’re a fighter, you still have action surge. Not to mention prone+grapple means they can’t get up, they can’t move, you can move them, they have disadvantage and you have advantage to attack them. Once you have the biggest threat locked down with grapple+shove, the subsequent turns you can focus all your attacks through the echo clone.

Last edited:

Remove ads