J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I find that I like about half of what Abrams produces, so it remains to be seen which category this will fall into.

Yup, that is confirmation. Thanks Relique!

This is going to be interesting. I wonder how visually different they're going to be compared to the originals...and the prequels. Hopefully though, and ironically considering who now owns the franchise, maybe they can avoid the more "Disney" like aspects that Lucas couldn't restrain himself from including (Jar Jar, Gungans, other cartoonish races and characters, remastering the originals and adding more silly digital muppet moments, etc.); but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Also, if the stories go back to Dagobah at all, I wonder if the Jungle planet will include a smoke monster...:p

I'm actually not that worried about it, to be honest. Lucas having complete creative control is what destroyed the prequel trilogy, IMO. And, while I may not like Disney all that much, I have to admit they know how to handle their franchises.

Look what they've done with Marvel.

Stormonu

Legend
I'm actually not that worried about it, to be honest. Lucas having complete creative control is what destroyed the prequel trilogy, IMO. And, while I may not like Disney all that much, I have to admit they know how to handle their franchises.

Look what they've done with Marvel.

I do not understand this. Lucas made Star Wars. This is like saying the Lord of the Rings would have been better if someone other than Tolkien wrote it.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I liked John Carter too. It had the worst ad campaign I remember seeing. Or, as it may be, not seeing.

As far as Abrams is concerned I see people making jokes about lens flare, but if that's really the worst thing you can think of it's not much. Look at the Prequels again.

Remove ads