JA' - "The Divine Avengers - A Four Lands Adventure Recruiting

J. Alexander

First Post
The idea for this game came about three years ago and due to a variety of personal reasons etc, I never really got it off the ground. I found my notes and really became excited when I rediscovered my plans and operational outline.

The premise is simple, this is going to be a very dark, very graphic very blood game..descriptions are going to be I hope at times on the edge and of the type to make the character pause and go "No he just did not go there". It is going to involve a lot of dungeon crawling etc so it will be much more scripted than my usual style of game. Prepare to deal with vampires, ghosts, werewolves and a host of undead and demonic creatures.

Character Guidelines - All players must play a male character with some connection to the church either as a priest, warrior or they need to somehow relate their character to the church.

This will be a pathfinder setting but set in my Four Lands Realm.
Abilities will start with a 20 point buy.
Character will start at 9th level
Starting gold will be 15000
Magic Items will be caped at 6000 in value but you have 18000 to spend.
Starting time will be sometime in the first week of March , most likely march 5 or so.

Hope to hear from old players and new ones as well.

Kaodi

Hero
I have a character concept which I think would work in such a game, though I am kind of wary of going with another caster character (I currently play a wizard, an oracle, a cleric and a barbarian).

I do not know much about the Four Lands though. Do you have a thread anywhere where I can read about " the Church " ?

In any case, what I was thinking is something like:

Male Human Paladin 2/Celestial Sorcerer 7, Lawful Good
Str 14 Dex 8 Con 12 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 20

J. Alexander

First Post
Hmmm i would say strictly pathfinder but if you have an intersting class that would mesh and could be transported over then I would entertain the motion for sure.

Kaodi

Hero
I have the rest of the non-derived stats down.

Male Human Paladin 2/Celestial Sorcerer 7, Lawful Good
Str 14 Dex 8 Con 12 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 20
Traits Courageous, Sacred Touch
Skills Appraise 1, Diplomacy 4, Heal 1, K (Arcana) 6, K (Religion) 5, Sense Motive 4, Spellcraft 6, Use Magic Device 1
Feats Arcane Armour Mastery, Arcane Armour Training, Combat Casting, Defensive Combat Training, Eschew Materials, Extend Spell, Leadership, Reward of Life
Spells Known
3 - Fireball, Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil
2 - Admonishing Ray, Resist Energy, Scorching Ray, Shatter
1 - Ant Haul, Bless, Feather Fall, Magic Missile, Shield, True Strike
0 - Acid Splash, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Mage Hand, Mending

One thing I do not understand: You say we have 15000 gp to start, but then you say that though we have 6000 gp limit on magic item value, we have 18000 gp to spend.

Kaodi

Hero
I do not suppose we can count magical enhancements and the armour they are applied to in seperate categories. For instance, I was looking at getting +1 mithral chainmail, which is about 4150 for the mithral chainmail and 1000 fo the +1.

Also, I found the website myself: http://thefourlands.wikispaces.com/

Vertexx69

First Post
I was thinking more along the lines of the magic item compendium, since even a simple +2 weapon is outside of our spending limit. Particularly its weapon/armor augment crystals and its item sets. It also has a huge selection of lower cost little items that can really brighten any character's arsenal.

Just wondering, was there a reason we're starting with 13k less than standard pathfinder lvl 9 wealth? 33k is standard for lvl 8. pg 399

Will it be worth it to take any riding feats, or are we going to be dungeon crawling?

Last edited:

Remove ads