• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jake 2.0 and the 6 Million Dollar Man

buzzard

First Post
It was only a joking connection at best.

However this will likely be the last episode of the show I bother to watch. Having yet another show drop into the "evil US intellegence service" cliche is too much for me. I had thought the show had promise. Then they started the whole evil NSA thing, which has now become central to the plot. Isn't it possible for an American intellegence agency to be the good guys in at least one show?

buzzard

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
buzzard said:
Isn't it possible for an American intellegence agency to be the good guys in at least one show?

The problem with that, my dear buzzard, is that wild flights of fancy only go so far. Your show has to at least nbe plausible enough to not strangle the audience's willing suspension of disbelief :D

Sakzilla

Explorer
The NSA - a diet version of the CIA

Ahhhh. The beauty of the USA. The chimps sleep peacefully at night under a blanket of protection they slander all day.

And to think it took this theme to kill off interest in that show...

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Aww c'mon you're not being fair.

Not all of the NSA is bad.
Its been pretty clear that there are elements IN the NSA that are currupt, but the guys Jake works for are all good.

WAsnt that the same actor that played the 6MDM?
Whats this website you're talking about that links tv shows? Do they show cannon proof using stuff from the shows, or do they just make assumptions?

I love shows like this.
7 Days, Jake 2.0, 24, etc etc.
UPN does them fairly well, its too bad Special Unit 2 and 7 days got canned.

Templetroll

Explorer
ArthurQ said:
WAsnt that the same actor that played the 6MDM?
Whats this website you're talking about that links tv shows? Do they show cannon proof using stuff from the shows, or do they just make assumptions?

yes, that was Lee Majors and at the end, when Jake asks, "Are you really that fast?" the sound effect you hear as Lee steps out of camera is the same sound used when the $6 million man moved fast.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0083483/ Should be St. Elsewhere on the IMDB. Very cool show.

ArthurQ said:
Check this site out for a good introduction to the Tommy Westphall Continuum: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~kwgow/crossovers.html

In brief, the joke is that as the entire run of St. Elsewhere was revealed in the finale to be the dream of autistic boy Tommy Westphall, then all shows that St. Elsewhere crossed-over characters with (and there's quite a few), as well as all the shows those shows crossed-over with are actually figments of Tommy Westphall's imagination. The site above has a spreadsheet that tracks something like 85 shows (I've heard there's even more) over the last 50 years with direct links to St. Elsewhere that apparently also do not exist. Funny, I remember liking a show called Seinfeld, but I guess it was all a dream...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads